HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Matt687

I am seriously considering a new rear spring

5 posts in this topic

Any ideas on what type of spring I should use? I need it firm because I am about 155lbs and about 6 feet tall, plus I do lots of jumps with my bike. Anyone who has put a new spring on their XR600R I would love some help in making a decision, I am pretty sure that I am still riding on the stock spring, and it sags a lot when I sit down on it. -Matt

Eibach do a great range. :) Look on XRs Only. Lots of choice and good application chart. I have the strongest Eibachs on both ends of my bike, and I'm a fat kid who loves jumps. :D

Check the Thumpertalk store. They should have a nice Eibach for yah. I think a 9.5kg spring would be great for your weight with gear on. Get the shock rebuilt and chared too.

I would go out to RaceTech.com and run their spring rate search tool. It will give you a good measurement of what spring rate you need. I took the number and bought Eibach springs that were the closest to that number on the heavy side and have been EXTREEMLY happy!!! :):D :D Best $200 I spent on my bike hands down. The Eibach spring series that fit the XR650R are Fork: FESP975xx Shock: SESP885xxx with the spring rate replacing the x's in the number.

Good Luck!

I have heard various things about spring rate, I hve never dealt with springs before so I am guessing that it is the rebound rate/stiffness? -Matt