HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dansgarage

northwest group ride?

8 posts in this topic

I was just wondering how many fellow tt's were in the NW. I was planning a trip to the capital state forest in washington some time this summer. Thought it might be cool to try and have a big group ride. Who's in?

[ April 18, 2002: Message edited by: Dansgarage ]

When? I might be up in WA one week in July. Where is the Capital State Forest?

I'm from southern Idaho, but I'll be in Washington all summer long. Sounds like fun to me! Keep me posted, I'll see what I can do to be there.

I'd be interested. I just moved to Olympia and have yet to explore the Capitol Forest area. I plan on starting this weekend. The Thurston County ORV park backs up next to it. A good staging point.

Capitol State Forest (80,000 acre)is about 10-15 miles west of Olympia, WA. It's open for riding from approx. April thru October.

thumpster-

It sounds like you may be our inside guy. I used to live in Puyallup and I have only ridden there once. I think you would have a better handle on meeting areas and so on. Could I use you as a contact and co-organizer on this ride?

Sure, I'm just getting back into bikes after a 7 year hiatus. I'll be doing most of my riding on Mondays (work 4/10s) to explore the Capitol Forest and get a feel for the bike. A bikeless friend at work knows the area well. I'm trying to encourage him to get another bike! Dansgarage check your PM.