HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jerryls

Indy - Help!

3 posts in this topic

Indy,

Need a jetting recommendation. 5800-6800 ft, 70 degrees, low humidity (in the high desert of NV). Any idea? My first guess would be 160 MJ, red needle #6, 48PJ. Am I even close?

The reason I ask is that I have a race in a couple weeks and won't be able to fart around w/ the jetting before hand.

My bike seems to be setup similar to yours. Every time I go to a different elevation, I go thru your old posts and find the magic combination. Of course I try variations on your recommmendations, but end up running your combination. Why fight it any longer? Any chance you've put all that knowledge into a database?

Thanks in advance!

Jerry

I recommend a 160 main, red #4, 48 or 45 PJ.

When it is summer drop in a 155 main and leave it on red #4 and put in a 45 pilot. Dont forget your main overlaps with your needle and you wont need to go to Red #3 unless you are at 10,000 feet on a 80 degree day. You should be good to race. :)

Muchos Gracias!!! Thought 160 MJ might be a touch lean at that elevation, but like I said, I'm not fighting it any more. Just trust Indy.

Jerry