How far up do you run your front forks in the Triple Clamps?

I have a 2017 300rr, just wanted to get everyone's opinion on what length handles the best.  Looks like comes from the factory almost even with the triple clamp maybe a little up.  I was thinking of running 1 inch up past the triples.

It's a matter of balance.

If your sag is small (100mm or less) then your don't need to push the tubes up.

If it's large, then you might. 

Mine are up 15mm, which is a lot, but it works fantastic, along with my 110 race sag.

If you can find a nice flat and smooth area, you can test out the handling changes: do a 15mph sweeping turn, and shut off the throttle staying in the turn. The rear should come out a little, and the front should do nothing. You can play with height to get more or less oversteer.

2 hours ago, Krannie McKranface said:

It's a matter of balance.

If your sag is small (100mm or less) then your don't need to push the tubes up.

If it's large, then you might. 

Mine are up 15mm, which is a lot, but it works fantastic, along with my 110 race sag.

If you can find a nice flat and smooth area, you can test out the handling changes: do a 15mph sweeping turn, and shut off the throttle staying in the turn. The rear should come out a little, and the front should do nothing. You can play with height to get more or less oversteer.

Is this to prevent the bike having a chopper like angle?

1 hour ago, OscarFox said:

Is this to prevent the bike having a chopper like angle?

Proabaly a 1000 posts on this subjet, around various forums.

You need to do a lot more reading.....

http://www.dirtrider.com/features/10-tips-to-make-your-suspension-work-better

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHMO_enUS529US530&q=how+to+adjust+dirt+bike+suspension+to+your+weight&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwim26WFuvfSAhXKqFQKHZUXCjUQ1QIIYCgA&biw=1536&bih=736

How far you slide the fork up the triples affects the bike's geometry. Yes, it will affect you're sag a bit as well because of weight distribution, but it mostly deals with how the bike steers. Sliding the forks up on the triple clamps will have the bike steer quicker at the expense of straight line stability. This is all a matter of balance and personal preference. If you change the front tire size(say you install a "fatty" tire), it will again affect the bike's geometry. Same thing if you go with taller rear tire.