Ktm 125 sx or Yz 125?

Hello everyone I am 16 years old and I was a quad rider ever since I was young. I had a ltr 450 that I sold recently. I'm about 5'5"-5'6" tall and weigh about 115 lbs. I rode my friends rm 125 just this past weekend and I enjoyed riding the bike! I'm looking into buying a 125 but I still cant decide weather to buy a yz 125 or a ktm 125 sx. Again I'm a newer rider to dirt bikes but I still know how to ride one and I'm also new to 2 strokes but I've been doing a lot of research lately and learned a lot about them and all the maintenance with them. I will be using the bike for pretty much all trail riding. I just want a reliable bike that I can take care of that will give me no problems. Any Opinions/Preferences? Thankyou Everyone!

Edited by LilBraaper

Yamaha, purely for the suspension.

Keep in mind, even trail riding you will still have maintenance. Maybe more so in some areas, like chassis bearing re-lubrication, then you would for strictly track riding. Depending on how often and hard you ride, you will probably need to change the piston and ring atleast once a year.

13 hours ago, mikedabike said:

If buying used choose the lower hour better maintained bike. All things being equal I think the Yamaha will have the edge in reliability and performance. If you are in the market for new or only a couole years old it seems KTM has caught up.

Yeah I'm planning on buying a newer bike like 2010+  I just cant decide what would be better. Cause I really like the color of orange over blue. But I'm gonna get whatever is best for me which I'm trying to figure out.

2 minutes ago, Lahms said:

KTM has hydraulic clutch. Its really nice. But yamaha has better stock suspension. Both equally need maintenance. KTM's to rebuild cost a little extra, not much but a couple more $$$.

Alright thanks man I still don't know what I want