Dungey vs Tomac - 6 to go - Who has it better?

RD is up by 12 with 6 to go, Who's in the drivers seat?

Even with his mind melt, Taking RD and the 12, might be the safe choice as ET needs to be perfect.

However ET has won 4 of 5 and is making these wins look easy.

Being down on points, I would still give the advantage to ET as he has the momentum, speed and confidence.

I'm pretty sure he will out podium RD these last 6 and sure he needs to be perfect however if any of the 2 gets caught in a pile up it's game over.

It has not been this entertaining for awhile :cheers:

• Like 9

25 minutes ago, M1Garand said:

RD is up by 12 with 6 to go, Who's in the drivers seat?

Even with his mind melt, Taking RD and the 12, might be the safe choice as ET needs to be perfect.

However ET has won 4 of 5 and is making these wins look easy.

Being down on points, I would still give the advantage to ET as he has the momentum, speed and confidence.

I'm pretty sure he will out podium RD these last 6 and sure he needs to be perfect however if any of the 2 gets caught in a pile up it's game over.

It has not been this entertaining for awhile :cheers:

Dungey  has 12 reasons to be in the driver's seat which you elude to in your well written post. I kind of being thought of as harsh but I really think Dungey is almost totally lacking focus and giving Tomac the inside like a gift is not showing much fire either.

He better be rattled because that T- 1000 is coming

• Like 2

While it looks like Dungey may have lost his mental edge, he still has all the tools. He is still an excellent rider and racer.

Odds are that his focus or edge has not disappeared completely and in one or two of the remaining races the conditions will line up and the edge will show itself again. Just enough to narrowly put him on top for the season.

its shaping up like 2008 when Reed had a double digit lead on Stewart but was mentally rattled and Stewart was on fire. Stewart would take 1st and Reed would take second  and slowly Reed was loosing his points lead. Eventually Stewart caught him and became champ 

• Like 1

If I had to bet a weeks pay on on the SX championship it would be on Tomac . I'm also a fan and was there at Hangtown for his 250 debut, winning his first pro race . He has such a great style . It sure looks like he has it all figured out now . Roczen will have his work cut out when he comes back .

Let's not forget Rd stayed with tomato for half the race , he hasn't forgot how to go fast, but he is going through some kind of problems, the week before Rd rode one of the best races we have seen , he has time to sort the problems if he wants to

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Dave Johnston said:

its shaping up like 2008 when Reed had a double digit lead on Stewart but was mentally rattled and Stewart was on fire. Stewart would take 1st and Reed would take second  and slowly Reed was loosing his points lead. Eventually Stewart caught him and became champ 

Yep, Reed played the long game thinking Stewart would crash out at some point. But it never happened. Dungey is going to have to start pushing the last 5 min of the race.  When the track goes to shit he is slowing down playing it safe.  I think the rutted up tracks are more in his head than Tomac. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, GBowman said:

Tomac is better right now, going fast without pushing himself, great starts, confidence, all points towards Eli. 

3 hours ago, mog said:

Let's not forget Rd stayed with tomato for half the race , he hasn't forgot how to go fast, but he is going through some kind of problems, the week before Rd rode one of the best races we have seen , he has time to sort the problems if he wants to

yes and yes

11 hours ago, M1Garand said:

It was nice to see Marvin put the pass on RD, but I just gotta wonder when will Team KTM go into lock down mode and put the team effort toward RD and disrupt ET's chances

Agreed.  At what point does Roger tell Marvin "don't pull that sh!t again this season"...?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RollieW said:

gotta wonder when will Team KTM go into lock down mode and put the team effort toward RD and disrupt ET's chances?

I don't see KTM sandbagging any KTM rider, just more hater bait.

Yamaha's done it in the past. "Let Brock bye"

Honda's done it in the past with JMB.

And those are only two that I know of. I'm sure it happens,  a lot!!!!

• Like 1