Fork gaiters/ accordion boots

Is there a better option than the oem boots to keep dirt out of the fork seals on my e?

2 hours ago, espacef1fan said:

Is there a better option than the oem boots to keep dirt out of the fork seals on my e?

Buy the original neoprene maker.....SealSavers. They come in "shorty" and long style. The shortys are both velcroed on as well as zipped for extra protection. Don't have to take the forks off for these.....the long ones protect the whole area, but you need to remove the fork. I got the long ones, both for protection and better looks.....at least for me.

IMG_20160609_124106_hdr.jpg

What are you trying to show us BermudaCat?  They look nice, but what brand are they and are they better than other gators?

I've used Daystar ones from rockymountain for a few projects and been very pleased with the quality. Great price too! 

Ive been doing some research on this since I asked the question. It seems boots and seal savers prevent leaks and cause them just as frequently. I've just sent an email to Cogent Dynamics to get their take on this.

9 hours ago, John141 said:

What are you trying to show us BermudaCat?  They look nice, but what brand are they and are they better than other gators?

A set of re-valved and re-spung forks built following the revalving thread. Yes, Daystar, and yes.