HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fireballsocal

Anyone have work done by stroker performance?

7 posts in this topic

This is what one of the mechanics came up with when I told him I want more power on pump gas with reliability a priority. The bike is a 99 YZ400.

First is to drop in a YZ426 crank.

Second is to use a taller cylinder to stroke it to 440cc's.

Third is to use either a big valve kit or Ti valves.

Fourth is to install a set of rev cams.

Fifth is to mildly port and polish the head.

Sixth is to install a stroker Rev pipe.

Last is a dyno tune to get everything to work right.

I've never heard of most of this stuff being used on thumpers so I wanted to ask some people who deal with it every day. I have no doubts about Stroker themselves, just want a little confirmation before I spend the big bucks. What do you think?

Fireball,

It really depends on what type of riding you do and exactly what you want need to get out of the engine. I have the Stroker exhaust system with the rev header as well as the torque header. Depending on where/what I'm riding depends on which header I use.

The mods he mentioned and the related costs involved are not for me. If you are a hard core racer or simply demand more from your engine, then it may be worth looking into some of them. I have raced the YZ-F's since they first came out and have never done anything to them except jet properly and use the Stroker pipes. I get as many holeshots as anyone else.

If you want more info PM me.

Ernie

I wouldn't invest the bucks into the bike. Apply all that money you'd spend on hopping up a 400 towards a 2003 YZ450F.(hopefully 450)

TT

I agree with team toxic, wait for the 03 to come out see what it is like first (Reliablity and so on) then if you want get that or better yet you know they 01 & 02's will be selling for a song trying to get ride of them for the 03 (Fools)

I agree with team toxic, wait for the 03 to come out see what it is like first (Reliablity and so on) then if you want get that or better yet you know they 01 & 02's will be selling for a song trying to get ride of them for the 03 (Fools)