Cheap oil change?

Working on a drz400 S that I just bought that was said to have severe blow by. After looking at it, I believe the "blow by" is actually oil blowing out of poorly routed vent tubes. I want to do an oil change with the cheapest possible "accecptable" oil, so that I know the oil in the bike is good, as well as flush any gas that may be in the oil before going with castrol synthetic or something of the sort. Is there anything in the $5-6 /qt range, that I can use for this purpose, just to make sure I don't have to tear further into the bike before I spend $12/13 a qt?

Rotella T 15w40 has worked for me very well on the drz and most all of my small engines. My understanding is that fairly recently standard Rotella T 15w40 has been discontinued and replaced with a T4 version. While the new T4 version does carry all of the past certifications of the older "T" oil, I have heard that the change was due to new Govt mandates required for diesel oils, I'm just hoping those mandates don't mean any sort of "friction modifiers". Time will tell I guess. On a side note Rotella prices have risen quite noticeably in my area since the change over to T4.