2017 KTM 500 EXC

whats your range ?

sprocket ?

what kind of mileage are you guys getting ?

A buddy on our last ride got 72 miles before running outta gas. Fortunately it was within 100 yards of the trucks.

He's running 13/50 with the EU off-road re-map.

I have a 16 fe501s same bike for the most part with 14/50 and on a dual sport ride I got about 80 miles before running out of gas. When I ran out I was able to flip bike on it's side and transfer a little from the right to left and that got me to the gas station about a mile away.

so what I'm seeing here is approximately 65 miles start looking for gas :cool: this helps coming from a 2015 300XCW that would barely make 60 miles on about the same fuel load but carbureted of coarse.

Before the ktm , id never run out of gas , but I was pushing the ktm at least 3 times, that got old.  a stock bike can get near 90+ miles on a tank, or 80+ miles remapped.

My rides are normally atleast 100 miles, I paid dearly trying to do that on one tank. nowadays 70 miles and im heading to the fuel station, the reserve is only good for about 5 miles.

Edited by Spud786

:thumbsup:  great info  just what I'm looking for. my new 500 should expect 30-40mpg.

40 to 47 mpg depending on time of year and use, if not mapped too rich.

Edited by Spud786

even after I got my bike tuned at the dealer it still pops and backfires on hard deceleration. I would like to know more about getting a better tune for the efi. what are the best set-ups ?

my 2 smokers never backfire but they are carbed and easy to tune.

Conditions play a huge part on mileage.

even after I got my bike tuned at the dealer it still pops and backfires on hard deceleration. I would like to know more about getting a better tune for the efi. what are the best set-ups ?
my 2 smokers never backfire but they are carbed and easy to tune.

What did the dealer do?
Conditions play a huge part on mileage.

Completely agree. I'll never see in the 40's for what I do or where I ride.

I was averaging 30 miles when the desert was wet. Sucking that gas up!

warm sunny 1,000 ft elevation .. and the dealer couldn't say what they did but it cost $90 and runs a bit better. did notice the bypass on the vent tubes but would love to eliminate the sensor too

warm sunny 1,000 ft elevation .. and the dealer couldn't say what they did but it cost $90 and runs a bit better. did notice the bypass on the vent tubes but would love to eliminate the sensor too

Sounds like you can

Hmmm, since they couldn't say, what dealer was it?

Unplug the sensor and see if it throws your efi indicator. If it doesn't you know then it's been mapped

thanks will try. I don't like to call out dealers here on the web .. has anyone visited Blaisracingservices.com ? they have a great list of products to help our rides run better. I giving them a holler. what about a programmer likr they use for the cars/trucks ?

has anyone fitted the IMS 3.2 gallon tank to their 2017 500?

thanks will try. I don't like to call out dealers here on the web .. has anyone visited Blaisracingservices.com ? they have a great list of products to help our rides run better. I giving them a holler. what about a programmer likr they use for the cars/trucks ?
has anyone fitted the IMS 3.2 gallon tank to their 2017 500?

I went with the Acerbis. IMO it looks better.

I went with a 48 rear sprocket.

Just got back from a desert trip and the fuel light came on right around 70 miles.

I went with a 48 rear sprocket.
Just got back from a desert trip and the fuel light came on right around 70 miles.

How did you like the 48