Brake light/electrical help

I am in the process of converting my '16 FE450 to street legal. I decided to go the route of ordering parts for the 501s since they are so similar (whether that was a good decision is a topic for another time) and I am a bit stumped by the rear brake light. Everything else is just fine (blinkers, switch blocks, etc) since with the correct wiring harness everything is plug and play. What I want to do is keep the existing brake light and fender deal because the stock fender/light thing on the new bikes is pretty giant.

When look at the existing light, it has three wires (brown, white, and green). The stock harness has only brown and white. If I plug the stock harness to the same color wires, brake light comes on but nothing happens when I press the brake switch, it's just full on all the time. I'm a bit lost with electronics so any help would be appreciated

You need the third circuit for the break light. It's weird that the FE doesn't have a brake switch rear light. Did they remove this in 2016 as our 2014 has one?? Easiest is to buy a rear light and swap over. Might need a little re-engineering to mount but not a hard task. Last thought are you sure these two wires are the tail light??

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/3896/42392/Tusk-L.E.D.-Taillight-Brake-Light#ReviewsPanel