Towel.Nutkis.Lipshiz

EFI Two Stroke - It's here!

447 posts in this topic

I need a new bike. Suzuki needs to bring back the rm before I cough up $10k on a heavier 2 stroke..

image.gif

3 people like this

Heard they have been testing

and racing it in Europe for a while,

with good results 

Must work well to release all

that info 

Guess the 2 strokes aint 

dying after all ...but will the

other brands build anything ?

For 2018, the only FI two-stroke North America gets is the 250 XC-W, and in limited quantities.

10 minutes ago, yamaha7654 said:

Heard they have been testing

and racing it in Europe for a while,

with good results 

Must work well to release all

that info 

Guess the 2 strokes aint 

dying after all ...but will the

other brands build anything ?

Hey FLY!! How's it going?

3 people like this

I need a new bike. Suzuki needs to bring back the rm before I cough up $10k on a heavier 2 stroke..
image.gif

My RM250... 223 LBS
MY TE250 Husaberg... 223 lbs
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Husa your Daddy? said:

My RM250... 223 LBS
MY TE250 Husaberg... 223 lbs

2018 2t efi 250 prolly be around 230, and more than $10k. 20 lbs more than the ol sx.

2018 rm 125, 200 lbs? $6k Otd?

1 person likes this

I'm really surprised it has taken this long for someone to inject a 2-stroke bike.  I'm guessing it is still premix, but would be cool if it was oil injected as well.  They mention considerably better fuel economy, I wonder about that.  It really has not proved to be the case in 4 stroke bikes. 

Posted (edited)

28 minutes ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

I'm really surprised it has taken this long for someone to inject a 2-stroke bike.  I'm guessing it is still premix, but would be cool if it was oil injected as well.  They mention considerably better fuel economy, I wonder about that.  It really has not proved to be the case in 4 stroke bikes. 

Its oil injected.  The press release mentions no more mixing of oil / gas.

Carbureted two-strokes scavenge the exhaust with air / fuel mix which wastes some fuel.  With TPI you can start the scavenging process with fresh air and wait a bit before squirting the fuel in.  

Edited by redrider144
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, redrider144 said:

For 2018, the only FI two-stroke North America gets is the 250 XC-W, and in limited quantities.

You're so glad they didn't release a 300 to the states YET.... 

I mean itd be real difficult to put a big bore on the 250 and make it a 300... 

Edited by KTMRider4Life
1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

You're so glad they didn't release a 300 to the states YET.... 

I mean itd be real difficult to put a big bore on the 250 and make it a 300... 

I was sweating bullets as it was buying an all new design 300 XC.  No way I'm coming anywhere near a KTM FI two stroke for several years.

3 people like this

You prefer to stare at your broken yz ?

2018 2t efi 250 prolly be around 230, and more than $10k. 20 lbs more than the ol sx.
2018 rm 125, 200 lbs? $6k Otd?

250/125... apples/oranges. Although I don't want an efi smoker. I too like light weight and the simplicity of a carb. Had a 4- stroke for a bit, didn't like it. Also a long time 125 guy. Fun fun!
3 people like this

Just another way to make racing expensive with a bike they won't be able to afford to maintain.  The fuel injected two stroke is a death to racing... 

3 people like this

2 strokes won't be cheap anymore. They won't be light anymore. They won't be easy to work on anymore....yall wanted it....yall got it. Don't cry later or I will burn your posts

8 people like this

6 minutes ago, hondaman331 said:

2 strokes won't be cheap anymore. They won't be light anymore. They won't be easy to work on anymore....yall wanted it....yall got it. Don't cry later or I will burn your posts

Its just a different fuel delivery method.... still no cam, chain, or elaborate head. Two strokes will still be lighter and easier to work on. I don't know what the price is. Buy a YZ250, they won't change for another 10years. 

6 people like this

2 minutes ago, clappedoutkx said:

Its just a different fuel delivery method.... still no cam, chain, or elaborate head. Two strokes will still be lighter and easier to work on. I don't know what the price is. Buy a YZ250, they won't change for another 10years. 

And 10 years later, it'll still be competitive.

13 people like this

I see issues coming. And yes, a smoker should be carbed....yz would be a staple for many years to come

6 minutes ago, MANIAC998 said:

And 10 years later, it'll still be competitive.

Maybe so. My point is, there will still be a carb'd smoker for die-hards, at least in the short term. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, mog said:

You prefer to stare at your broken yz ?

That doesn't even make sense.  I have a KTM that will break soon enough to keep it company.  

The YZ isn't broken, the piston / rings are worn.  If I have to explain to you that those are normal wear items, perhaps you should consider taking up another hobby, like knitting.

Edited by redrider144
9 people like this