Just Harsh.. do I need to restack shims Yz125?

7 minutes ago, Firestone said:

What if I use a 12-12 at the end as I don't have any spare 11's? I have the really thick 11 on the rebound stack I could take that one.

Leave the rebound as is, use the 12 instead 

The mid valve is now used more as a check valve, so what you could do is remove 2 of the shims leaving only 1 and the washer, the washer will aid in keeping the single shim from twisting while in motion.

Let me ask, how many clicks out did you have your compression and rebound clickers out to get the best ride before?

Ok I talked to the tuner who built it and he suggested removing the 2nd 3rd and 4th 24mm shims. Rod I really appreciate your input and I added one of those shims to the first stack per your suggestion and my gut feeling. I putted around the practice track In my sandals and immediately I could feel that feeling of control and the bike feeling light and balanced again. I'm ready to go try these tomorrow at speed and see how thay do. I removed one shim from the popoff on the mid valve brake side but the other side I just took out the base valve without draining the fluid. 

3 minutes ago, Firestone said:

Sure. Anywhere on the spring? I have another set of the mixed springs. The ones I think are stock are 4.5mm thickness. Hmm, can't find the racecraft .50 right now I'll post as soon as I find it.

I'm looking for a set of .41 oem springs to buy so I'm trying to find out the thickness of the wire. Measurement could be taken from any of the coils beside the ends. Thanks 

Been reading, we want something all the time. Always think about compromises. I've done mine, and it's fine along the trails.. but sucks big time at the tracks. Good thing I got both rear shock of a yz and a wr, interchangeable. As i see it, you can't have it all. Even pros at Erzberg.. happening right now..have different sets of suspension for prologue and the main course. 

Having acquired the skills to augment valve setting lately( Big thanks to all of you who helped) resolved the issue being deflecting, soft, harsh. If I wanted tracks, I bolt on the yz shocks and install extra shims on the fork. trails? Install wr shocks, take off shims. easy. Helmets up!!

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to try turning the valves over to use the free flowing rebound side as the compression side. I think this will eliminate the high speed deflection. It may scramble the stack and require more shims though. I know I hijacked the YZ thread but these are the same fork design I think.

skiatook17_3.jpg

Edited by Firestone

4 hours ago, Firestone said:

I am going to try turning the valves over to use the free flowing rebound side as the compression side. I think this will eliminate the high speed deflection. It may scramble the stack and require more shims though. I know I hijacked the YZ thread but these are the same fork design I think.

skiatook17_3.jpg

not necessary if u make the necessary changes to the mid valve