New FCR leaking from overflow

Sorry for another leaky carb thread but was hoping someone could help me out.  I have just installed a new (purchased here from TT) FCR39 into my DRZ400SM.  I took the bike out for a quick spin and the jetting feels pretty close (clutching up 3rd now, where before I couldn't).  Unfortunately though I am having this issue where there is fuel coming from the overflow line connected to the bottom of the carb when ever I tilt the bike over.  This does not happen when the bike is on the kickstand,  the tilt has to be a little more like >30 degrees.  I first noticed it when doing a kickstand turnaround.  My setup is using the raptor (non vacuum petcock), so I have tried turning the fuel supply off and draining the bowl via the bowl drain screw and tapping the bowl in hopes that maybe the float is just hung up or something simple, and then turning the fuel back on.  I tried this a few times but the problem is still there.  Is the float getting stuck, or would this problem be indicative of the float height being way out of adjustment?  If this is the float bowl needing adjustment can this be adjusted while the carb is on the bike?  

Just to be clear the bike/carb is not leaking when just parked on the kickstand, it is only leaking when tilted over more.  Also the raptor petcock is new and I have confirmed that when in the off position the fuel is 100% not flowing at all.  I understand that the nature of how the float and overflow works and that it should flow fuel to the overflow when the bike is tipped over but for fuel to flow when the bike is only laid over a little bit seems incorrect.

Many Thanks for any and all help:)

Edited by sbmon

Normal for fuel to drip out at extreme angles. 30 degrees is pretty steep.

Yeah .. I get the same , I have 2 bikes with FCR 's , float height is correct . 

Rode the bike about 100 miles, mostly straight roads.  Did not get too much in the overflow.  I only had to drain the 4 oz bottle at the end of the ride and there was only about 1 oz in the bottle.  Next I will try out this setup in the curves.  Provided the overflow doesn't leak a bunch more I will probably just leave the float alone.  I don't mind checking the catch can at each fill up.   I did order a some jets recently (162 and 167) as I currently have a 165 main and am not positive this is ideal.  I have some idle minor idle rpm fluctuations (pretty minor nothing that is stalling the motor) that I might try to chase down too.  While placing the order for the jets  I ordered the little o ring that goes in the float valve, figured I would check that next time I pull the carb out.  Overall I have to say the power increase with the FCR 39 is quite impressive, just as people described.  Here's a pic of the catch can for now.

IMG_1490040103.806608.jpg

6 hours ago, sbmon said:

Rode the bike about 100 miles, mostly straight roads.  Did not get too much in the overflow.  I only had to drain the 4 oz bottle at the end of the ride and there was only about 1 oz in the bottle.  Next I will try out this setup in the curves.  Provided the overflow doesn't leak a bunch more I will probably just leave the float alone.  I don't mind checking the catch can at each fill up.   I did order a some jets recently (162 and 167) as I currently have a 165 main and am not positive this is ideal.  I have some idle minor idle rpm fluctuations (pretty minor nothing that is stalling the motor) that I might try to chase down too.  While placing the order for the jets  I ordered the little o ring that goes in the float valve, figured I would check that next time I pull the carb out.  Overall I have to say the power increase with the FCR 39 is quite impressive, just as people described.  Here's a pic of the catch can for now.

IMG_1490040103.806608.jpg

Damn....I love your bike SB! It is always clean.....like you respect it for what it is and where it takes you. NICE!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup: