Ever get the feeling?

I truly believe that Dungey is capable of much greater speed than most people think. The fact that he doesn't have to consistently ride "on the edge" is what makes him a champ. Others crash out, he controls. You can't win championships laying on the couch.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, katoom64 said:

I truly believe that Dungey is capable of much greater speed than most people think. The fact that he doesn't have to consistently ride "on the edge" is what makes him a champ. Others crash out, he controls. You can't win championships laying on the couch.

I agree...but were people saying that about Dungey in SX from 2011 - 2014?

It's not as if Dungey rides as fast as can be possibly safely ridden, it's more that he does his thing and it works today because his current opponents that are faster riders happen to be crashy and/or suck at starts.

Too bad that we never got to see 2016 Dungey mix it up with RV.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

It's not as if Dungey rides as fast as can be possibly safely ridden, it's more that he does his thing and it works today because his current opponents that are faster riders happen to be crashy and/or suck at starts.

You did in 2010-2011...

• Like 1

2015 RV took a page out of Dungey's play book.
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dmouse said:

Dungey is a man of God, he doesn't want anyone to get hurt

1 minute ago, KTMRider4Life said:

2014 I meant. His last year. 

I think I'm wrong as well. I think 15 was the year he rode GP's...

I was a huge RV fan, enough so that I pulled for him over Dungey while Dungey was on KTM (let that sink in for a second) then consider this, even I have to admit that couple of times RV had lady luck on his side to beat Dungey. I'd even say the season that RV broke his legs he was pushing like a mad man to get around RD in that race and after their little tangle just prior to to his big crash he was riding pretty far outside of his safe zone to beat Dungey. Not surprising that he ate shit.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

2014 I meant. His last year. 

Kinda sorta....RV won out the last 4 races, but...

Detroit / Toronto / STL -

• RV - 2 / 6 / 2
  • Dungey - 3 / 3 / 9
  • JS7 - 1 / 1 / 1

RV had something like an 80 point lead on JS7 at this point, but he was getting asked questions like "are you worried about James?" and RV's answer was  something to the effect of "I'll take the win if it comes to me."

That was his way of saying "IDGAF about JS7 he's a million points down on me." ?

• Like 1