KX250F clutch

Since I bought my KX250F 2013, I noticed there is a problem with the clutch, it is slipping at high rpm.

I had one spare complete clutch, stock one. It is not new, but all plates are far away from service limits.

I opened the bike and saw that the 13087 hub-clutch and 13187 plate-clutch operating are a bit worn.

I replaced all the plates(steel and friction) also the hub-clutch and plate-clutch, as they are in very good condition.

The basket in the bike was not perfect, but also very good.

After the repair there was no slipping any more, but when I'm stopped and 1-gear I feel the bike is trying to start like the clutch is not pulled, because of that reason it's a bit difficult to go to neutral.

When the engine is stoppped the clutch works fine.

Yestarday I opened the right cover and check the clutch, but everything was normal and closed it again.

The clutch cable is fine and the free play of the lever is as usual - just a mm or 2mm.

Any ideas how to proceed?

Please do not advise me to buy complete set brand new Hinson, at the moment is not possible ?

I have forgotten to metioned that the oil has 1.5 hours, the situation was the same with the old and the new oil.

Edited by phatsmall

3 hours ago, phatsmall said:

Thanks for the Hinson advice ?

But why it stays as half clutching?

our 12 kawi 250f had a similar problem...characteristic of some imo..I wouldn't worry about it myself. we raced the crap out of it and sold it with the same clutch in it and it was fine!

The only thing I haven't tried is to use the old friction plates which are 0.10 mm thinner and it could avoid the problem. 

I haven't tried because the material looks darker and decided not to use them. 

I will clean them with gasoline and will put them in oil after that. 

I will post the result once I have time to check. 

I'm happy to share that my problem with the clutch is solved. 

I tried to clean and oil again the plates, I ordered another oil and so on. 

At the end I placed every single plate, separately,  on a glass and  checked if they are absolutely flat. 

I noticed that one of the friction disks is not perfectly flat, I replaced it and I have just tested the bike, the result is perfectly working clutch, no problem to go to neutral gear when I'm stopped.

• Like 2

• 10 months later...