SkInM4n

1988 Suzuki LT300E Starter clutch

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! As you can see, I am new here. I am having a nightmare of a time locating a Starter clutch assembly for a 1988 Suzuki LT300E Quadrunner that I am currently working on. I've tried numerous parts houses and from the best I can tell the part has been recently discontinued. I have had no luck finding a used assembly or an aftermarket replacement.

My next option is to try and "rebuild" this assembly but I can't seem to find a part number for the one-way bearing. Does anyone happen to have the part number or a source to get this info? I am looking at other similar year Suzuki parts to try to cross reference it in hopes that one from another bike may fit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. So far I see a vast group of knowledge and mechanical wizards on this site, so maybe I will get lucky.

Thanks, Skin

So I finally managed to find a used assembly. When the part arrived I took it out of the box and the bearing on the starter clutch spins freely both ways. Does anyone know if this particular model just does that? It is confusing me because every other starter clutch I have changed only spins one-way (hence the name) and will not spin the opposite direction unless faulty.

Any thoughts?

It seems that after lots of delays I have gotten the starter clutch one-way sorted out. I put the side case on yesterday afternoon and today I should be filling it with oil and cleaning the carb before I attempt to fire this little fella up. Hopefully all goes well :thumbsup:

A little bit of a delay in the reporting on this thread but I finished up the little quad and it runs like a champ. It is amazingly clean for a 29 year old machine.

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

• Similar Content

• By Ljharding_09
      My 98 rm250 won't shift past 2nd when running. When the motor is off it will shift through all gears smoothly. But when running it will shift into first and second fine, then shift lever just won't raise to shift again. This just started all of a sudden on a ride. Always shifted fine before, no wrecks, haven't dropped it. Any idea of what to look for? Thanks in advance! 
    • By caleb1995
      I have a 2006 Suzuki DRZ400s. I am having an issue with the tail running lights not working. The brake light does work with both the foot and hand brake. The running lights will come on when i turn the key past run to the park setting. It does have an aftermarket led tail light. Any insight would be appreciated
    • By Ryanlowry
      DRZ400s for sale. Runs great, valves checked, oil changed with stainless steel oil filter, fresh spark plug, fresh coolant.

15Kmiles

$4000 OBO
      Pick up in Chicago 

CLEAN TITLE IN HAND

upgrades include:

MRD exhaust pipe 
      FCR39 carb perfectly tuned
      3x3 intake mod
      Recent TKC80 tires
      Plastic XL safari tank
      Corbin seat
      Bark busters
      Integrated tail light with fender eliminator and license plate holder
      Brand new battery for this season

Also comes with stock gas tank in blue - if you got new plastics with this tank the bike would look brand new!
      Original exhaust and carb 
      Different sized sprockets
      Dynojet kit for stock carb 
      Different taillight fender kit

Text me if you'd like to see a video of it being started and running. 

drz400s, drz400sm, drz400e, drz400, dirt bike, enduro, dual sport, KTM, honda, motorcycle 
    • By Preston C.
      Hello,
      For this summer, I was looking for a project. As a desert/trial, and occasionally single track rider from Southern California, any time of the year works for a build like this.
      I grew up riding two-stroke and after a couple years on four strokes, I want to return to the enduro king. However, KTM and Husky sell their bikes for quite a high price tag.
      So, I have decided I want to take an older two stroke motocross bike i.e. cr250, yz250, etc., and make it the ultimate desert bike for significantly less than a new KTM.
      I am not loyal to one brand, but I have always loved Honda and spent a grand a month ago on all new gear with Honda's name plastered all over it. 
      I know all the mods I want to do the bikes to make them enduro/desert ready: heavy flywheel, 18 inch rear wheel, new exhaust, steering stabilizer, etc.
      What I need help in is I don't know what bikes I can install a wide ratio transmission in. I know yz250 can take a 400 or 426 transmission, but can any other brand?
      I would like to see a cr250 with the gears of a 450x rippin through the desert. I like the steel frame for off road use, and I just need some advice on the best bike for this conversion.
      Thanks