Ethanol free fuel

There are probably other stations around but I just found that the Murphy Fuel at hwy 66 and 287 in Longmont has ethanol free fuel!!!  Just an FYI if anyone is looking.  Price isnt bad.  It was $2.37 a gallon yesterday and its 87 octane.  

• Like 1

Just now, 2TAintDead said:

Now if they would just have a station near or in parker i would be all set. LOL. 

I hear you.  The station I normally go to is in the opposite direction of all the tracks from Fort Collins so I have to plan to get the gas after the gym or something that puts me in the vicinity.  And they ain't open on weekends either so I have to plan ahead.

Just now, Tankslap said:

I hear you.  The station I normally go to is in the opposite direction of all the tracks from Fort Collins so I have to plan to get the gas after the gym or something that puts me in the vicinity.  And they ain't open on weekends either so I have to plan ahead.

yea i dont really see any stations getting added on there either. i would love to run it in my bike and even my truck all the time, I think it is worth the extra cost. I can usually find a station when I ride Berthoud or IMI as I have to drive across Denver, but its not a regular thing so it cancels out any of the long term benefits. 

21 minutes ago, 2TAintDead said:

yea i dont really see any stations getting added on there either. i would love to run it in my bike and even my truck all the time, I think it is worth the extra cost. I can usually find a station when I ride Berthoud or IMI as I have to drive across Denver, but its not a regular thing so it cancels out any of the long term benefits. 

I think if you keep using it when you can, you are still reaping the rewards.  The less ethanol you expose your machine to, in the long run, the better.  Bigger factor in colder months when the bike can sit with gas in it (carb bowl, lines, etc.) for longer periods of time.

I like the TT nickname btw, I ride 2T YZ250 and YZ125.  Gonna go hit up Berthoud tomorrow. 

9 minutes ago, Tankslap said:

I think if you keep using it when you can, you are still reaping the rewards.  The less ethanol you expose your machine to, in the long run, the better.  Bigger factor in colder months when the bike can sit with gas in it (carb bowl, lines, etc.) for longer periods of time.

I like the TT nickname btw, I ride 2T YZ250 and YZ125.  Gonna go hit up Berthoud tomorrow. 

Yea that is why I still try to use it when I can. 

Haha thanks! I should have a bike again by next week, hope the weather cooperates with that.  I still have to get out there since they re opened it. Maybe ill see you out there sometime....just follow the smoke?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 2TAintDead said:

Yea that is why I still try to use it when I can. 

Haha thanks! I should have a bike again by next week, hope the weather cooperates with that.  I still have to get out there since they re opened it. Maybe ill see you out there sometime....just follow the smoke?

Good luck on the bike hunt!  PM me if you want to meet up @ Berthoud or IMI (or the farm for that matter), I often arrive alone and as we all know it's a gamble.  Better off with somebody else lookin out.

16 hours ago, Tankslap said:

Good luck on the bike hunt!  PM me if you want to meet up @ Berthoud or IMI (or the farm for that matter), I often arrive alone and as we all know it's a gamble.  Better off with somebody else lookin out.

Thanks. I for sure will hit you up next time I head out. I agree with having someone there with you. I am not very fast on the track but i really need to ride with some faster people and get my jumping on point. So that could be helpful as well. 

On February 17, 2017 at 10:23 AM, jc389 said:

There are probably other stations around but I just found that the Murphy Fuel at hwy 66 and 287 in Longmont has ethanol free fuel!!!  Just an FYI if anyone is looking.  Price isnt bad.  It was $2.37 a gallon yesterday and its 87 octane.  

There is a small gas station in Ft. Lupton that also sells it. With Murphy so close to my house, come riding season that's where I will get mine. Hit that Wal-Mart all the darn time it seems, just have not hopped over to that station.

On 2/17/2017 at 8:59 PM, 2TAintDead said:

Now if they would just have a station near or in parker i would be all set. LOL. 

I hear ya on that...I'm just a little east...but I'll be in Longmont tomorrow.

Heres a question though....I wanna run 91....some of it is 87.  I'm thinking 87 ethanol free will be worse than 91 with ethanol. I use stabil in winter.

What do you guys think??

I hear ya on that...I'm just a little east...but I'll be in Longmont tomorrow.
Heres a question though....I wanna run 91....some of it is 87.  I'm thinking 87 ethanol free will be worse than 91 with ethanol. I use stabil in winter.
What do you guys think??

I would agree that 91 with up to 10% ethanol would be the same if not better if using right away. But the lack of ethanol just makes the gas easier on everything overall. Plus you may not even need stabil depending on how long you go without using.

Thanks. I think the only no-ethanol fuel I'll get is 91 so that I don't increase detonation. If I can find it, then its a slam dunk decision.

I don't know if you ride in the 717 area, but I see there is a station on there in Divide with no-ethanol fuel. Coincidentally, its where we stop anyway!!  Also the one in the Springs is just off I-25 on Hwy 24 on the way to Divide.