handle bars.

does everyone just stick with the bars that came on the bike? I have the oem renthal k 971 on my 13 kx450f but I feel much better sitting forward on the seat but then my elbows kinda drop. are there any other bars with idk maybe an inch of less sweep to kinda force me to sit forward? I saw I could mount the bar on the forward location on the triple clamps but that might be too much and is going to get in the way to access the air valve on the forks.

thanks in advance.

I have a riding buddy who seems like the first thing he wants to do with his bikes is to get new bars.But he does that to get more flex as he says it makes it feel less harsh.

I noticed him adjusting his bars and thought I would try the same. I rolled my bars back a little (moving my hands closer to my body) and that seemed to help put my elbows up higher. I liked the result so I left it there. My point being you might want to just try rolling your bars a little forward/backward to see if that works out.

If you try and roll your bars backwards it'll help you in the corners, at least it did for me.

OP, check the mounting brackets. If they are eccentric you can flip them giving you more options with your OEM bars than you might realize.

Rode my YZ125 with the stock bars for a few seasons only to realize

bars that forced my arms up and out (elbows high) would be more ergonomic.

Last season switched to ProTaper EVO in Factory Suzuki / KTM bend,

on paper it had by far the least amount of pull back/sweep.

Much more natural feeling riding position, should have done that long ago!

Edited by mlatour

does everyone just stick with the bars that came on the bike? I have the oem renthal k 971 on my 13 kx450f but I feel much better sitting forward on the seat but then my elbows kinda drop. are there any other bars with idk maybe an inch of less sweep to kinda force me to sit forward? I saw I could mount the bar on the forward location on the triple clamps but that might be too much and is going to get in the way to access the air valve on the forks.

thanks in advance.

To access bleeders just rotate your forks where you can get to them

Back when I was a little more serious I used to cut to length and custom bend bars to suit Me. They were all steel back then though and could be bent safely....

Like anything else, if you get/adjust stuff to suit YOU it'll make it easier to go fast. There are many different bends out there. Go to your local shop and try a few.

thanks for the posts and advice guys, but yall ain't gonna believe this..

see I bought this bike used from a lighter weight guy and I've been just riding it and trying to get used to it, but reason I wanted some bars to pull me up closer is cause I feel like I slide back most of the time and the darn bike won't turn. so when I sit up closer to the bars it feels so much better..   well turns out with me on the bike the rear suspension is squatting 4 1/2 inches and its supposed to be 4" so the rear shock is to weak for my weight.  so gunna adjust my suspension first with the right spring and go from there.