honda crf70 power loss

hi all working on my daughters honda 07 crf70.she complained of power loss,so i started going through all the things i know of, sparkie replaced,oil replaced,carbie cleaned,jets checked and cleaned,values checked and adjusted,it starts runs but has no power when in gear and blowing alot of smoke( yes that might be part my fault as i did over fill to start with then dropped oil out and refilled to correct levels).im starting to run out of options.even thou it has decent compression behind it when kicked over should i be looking at worn piston and rings?hope you all can help me figure this out and cheers in advance

hi all working on my daughters honda 07 crf70.she complained of power loss,so i started going through all the things i know of, sparkie replaced,oil replaced,carbie cleaned,jets checked and cleaned,values checked and adjusted,it starts runs but has no power when in gear and blowing alot of smoke( yes that might be part my fault as i did over fill to start with then dropped oil out and refilled to correct levels).im starting to run out of options.even thou it has decent compression behind it when kicked over should i be looking at worn piston and rings?hope you all can help me figure this out and cheers in advance

pull the plug out of the end of the exhaust and clean.  the spark arrestor screen can get blocked by carbon, especially if it was smoking due to an over fill.  also clean/replace the air filter.

what was it running like before?  did it smoke at all then?  

Hi there is no clutch and thanks red will look at that. It would smoke just a tiny little bit nothing like it is now

There in fact is a clutch. It is operated by the shift shaft instead of a manual lever, hence the term auto clutch. They wear out and slip just like a big bike.

It also needs adjustment from time to time.

Edited by ohiodrz400sm