FMF Powercore 4 SA question???

Hello, I just bought a 00 426 that came with the FMF Powercore IV Spark Arrestor muffler. I am wondering if I can remove the spark arrestor screen and if this will change performance and make the bike louder since I only plan to ride on MX tracks??? Is the only difference between the Powercore IV SA and the regular Powercore IV the screen? I will have to re-rivet the muffler. Thanks...

Hey DMX, is that the quiet FMF? If it is, I have a stock muffler and a WB E-series. I'd give you the choice of either one in trade for a quiet FMF! I love the WB, but it is loud. It makes good power though. The stock pipe seems to mellow things out a bit in the power and sound category. The WB is tuneable and if you like, you can run it wide open w\o disks.

Glen T.

I also put the PowerCore IV SA on my 00 426. I needed the spark arrestor for riding off-road, and it made the bike louder too ? ! I think the threads for the end cap bolts are in the screen, so I don't think you'll be able to remove it. The screen doesn't affect the sound level, and it shouldn't make a difference on the mx track. SA's aren't required on mx tracks but having one shouldn't hurt you at all.