head change

ok i have a 92 rm 250 an im having trouble finding parts that i need for this model year at a reasonable price so i was wondering if i could use a newer model head on the 92 bottem end ive looked at some parts an the only differince i can find is the power valve rod on the 92 its straight an others their kinda bent depending on the model year so i was thinking that you might use a newer head an shape a rod to make the power valves operate properly has any one ever heard of this or has done this with any problems pleas help thanks

You might get more answers if you ask about changing the cylinder rather than a head.  maybe take a look at a parts diagram that places like bikebandit.com have so you know what the nomenclature is.   Just a thought.

i want to use the topend off a 945678 only if i can get the power valve rod to work the valve properly any body ever heard of this or has anyone ever did this without problems open to info an please be kind

what I need is the whole power valve set up for my bike an I cant find one for a reasonable price round here so if anyone has one to donate or sell for cheap ill be grateful mine is a 92 rm250

Edited by mongoman

what I need is the whole power valve set up for my bike an I cant find one for a reasonable price around here so if anyone has one to donate or sell for cheap ill be grateful, mine is a 92 rm250

eBay ~ buy an entire cylinder that still has the power valve in it.

Any cylinder from '92 thru '95 will work.  If your lucky enough and buy a cylinder that's in good shape or can be used after re-plating then you could strip the PV out of it and sell just the cylinder and recover some of what it cost to buy.    ... or use the entire cylinder assembly and sell yours.  Buying a complete assembly will give you options.