HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Ud_Luz

Victory is done.

10 posts in this topic

I just heard this as well, buggers...

Of course the Indian brand is doing well as they are new and a different type of ride all together. As to that, Polaris had dumped millions into the line development and backed away from what they could have done with Victory. Last year rumors began about this but were quickly shut down by dealers who said "no way" due to the 2 brands being so different and going to a different type of rider. The Indian to a type of rider who wanted a boulevard cruiser who was more interested in leather tassels and chrome while the Victory rider was someone who enjoyed long distance cruising and blasting around on a performance machine.

I'm not very happy with this decision at all but what can you do, this is the day and age of corporate bottom line / screw the consumer. I like the Indian brand, they have some beautiful bikes and some outstanding customs but the issue is, I have 2 Victories the moment. Now this news is going to cost me big bucks on the resale of my machines when / if that time comes. I've already had to go through this crap with a previous ownership of a 2005 Buell XB12SCG. When Hardly Dangerous decided to shoot Eric in the back and kill his entire brand, the selling price of my Buell dropped by thousands and stealerships refused to work on it.

1 person likes this

Think that was pretty much a "shoot themselves in the foot" move there. Drop a good selling line of bikes to pursue a many times resurrected zombie brand. I'm not a cruiser rider so it doesn't really concern me, but still looks like a not too smart business plan. :thinking:

Edited by OLHILLBILLY

Jesus, they're dumping Victory to sell 3 wheelers to oldsters at 25k ea. Too bad.

3 people like this

I wondered when Mark Blackwell left if it was an indicator.   This is really going to make prospective Indian buyers stop and think.  

I wondered when Mark Blackwell left if it was an indicator.   This is really going to make prospective Indian buyers stop and think.  

"Indian" :rolleyes:   won't be too far behind..goes to show you how well Polaris was doing that they needed the loss..The people don't want it enough for it to be worth it..Victory had a half decent run when there were all those custom bike shows on TV and people bought them that didn't want the "HD stereotype"they didnt really buy for  any brand loyalty or thoughts of resale despite really wanting an HD consciously or subconsciously..smooth move Exlax,there can be only one :smirk:..Who goes to a Jetski shop to get a cruiser? .Scout? Girl scout?..What the hell kinda name is that? ..Of all of the hardcore indian names like "Scalp Hunter" they give it that? and have you seen the big more classic one with all the tassels? Who did they design that bike for? Shaquille O'neal? Its a friggin land yacht holy crap!..Oh yeah, they won't be there for the long haul boys

Edited by The Italian Stallion

Some further insight, Polaris used profits from Victory to buy the Indian rights and then also to produce the Slingshot. (no wonder the Victory profit margin tanked....Duh!!)

As one blogger stated, "if Polaris thinks I will dump my Vics for an Indian they can go @$*& themselves".

I'm sure the Indian line appeals to "somebody" but to me they are F#@!%*^ ugly.

There is talk of someone buying out the Victory rights from Polaris but that would take " a lot of capital" and knowhow to get it going fast before the dust settles!!!

I'm not worried, my babies are 12 and 10 years old, running strong as ever and will be until their end. Long live the "V"

DonO

2 people like this

Some further insight, Polaris used profits from Victory to buy the Indian rights and then also to produce the Slingshot. (no wonder the Victory profit margin tanked....Duh!!)

As one blogger stated, "if Polaris thinks I will dump my Vics for an Indian they can go @$*& themselves".

I'm sure the Indian line appeals to "somebody" but to me they are F#@!%*^ ugly.

There is talk of someone buying out the Victory rights from Polaris but that would take " a lot of capital" and knowhow to get it going fast before the dust settles!!!

I'm not worried, my babies are 12 and 10 years old, running strong as ever and will be until their end. Long live the "V"

DonO

Ya pretty much the same here, my bikes are great and going strong as ever. If I sold them I wouldn't know what else to get anyway. Sure as hell would not be Harley again, crookedest corporation going and the bikes just are not that good.