HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jim_bo

Good News!! WR 450 lowering link

9 posts in this topic

I just spoke to Mitch at Zipty racing. They are working on a lowering link for the WR450 and it should be in production in about 3 weeks!!! I am so excited. I'd love to set my race sag at 100mm, but still have a decent seat height!!

Jimbo

Jim_bo,

If you dropped the ride height in the rear, what steps would you take to lower the front? Would you have the forks modified accordingly?

Upsetting the ride height and corresponding balance would be a concern for me.

Ride fast - take chances

Chad

Chad,

The easiest way is just to pull the forks up in the triple clamps. I have tall bar mounts, so it is easy for me.

Jimbo

I had a 5/8 spacer put in my shock which combined with the linkage multiplier lowered the bike seat 1 1/2 inches. I also shaved an inch of the seat and put gel in place of the inserts found in the WR 450 seat.

Jim,

What is a linkage multiplier?? Also, where did you get your shock work done?

Jimbo

Jim_bo,

Can you pull up the forks enough to even the bike out again? I pulled mine up 6mm, but I don't remember if you can pull it up large amounts because of the taper on the forks uppers.

What effect does the lowering link have on the swingarm angle? It is important to maintain a positive swingarm angle.

Ride fast - take chances

Chad

Chad,

I don't really know the specific answers as to how ZIPTY is going to address these issues. I guess we'll have to wait a few weeks to see.

Jimbo

There is a scribe mark on the forks which is suppose to be the max lowering point. I have lowered mine to that point with no problems. It would get real ugly to bottom out the tire under the fender. Instant launch over the bars no doubt. The bike handles much better in tight woods stuff now.