Official GoRide2 A1 Observations

At best this season is a two horse race but unless Roczen makes a major mistake, nobody will touch him.

LOL at the hype train behind Wilson and Webb.

Weimer rode well

I totally overlooked McElrath.

Let's stop making excuses for Tomac.

I was a little disappointed with how JMart rode in the night show after how fast he was in practice.

Peick was impressive.

Seely has reached his ceiling. He's good but his career is an endless loop of getting punked by Anderson.

Musquin's career is an endless loop of being Dungey's towel boy.

There goes the Canard experiment that I had some optimism for.

Good ride from Davalos. Hopefully he can improve on that without falling apart but he is what he is.

I expected better results from Hill and Forkner but they are both contenders. Plessinger rode well.

Baggett showed all the signs of being able to mix it up but his main was horrible.

MIllsaps was better than I expected after all of the things he said leading up to the race.

A lot of people talk shit about Grant but he can do what he did last night in every race and that is completely deserving of his ride.

• Like 1

I know it's early, but I fell for the Webb hype.  I think he'll improve over the course of the season, but I thought he'd be top 5 out of the gate.

Sucks for Reed, he looked pretty good and had some bad luck with the water pump cover thing.

Canard is nearing Stewart in my mind as it relates to fantasy picks.  He's got speed, but has so many disappointing results for every good one.  He kills my score so much, and the time that I leave him out of the top 12 he'll get a podium.  :banghead:

I think most (me included) think that if Roczen can keep it on two wheels like he has the times he's won championships, he'll be hard to beat.  But his keeping it on two wheels is going to be the hard part for him over the course of a season.

I was probably the most surprised to see Tomac fade like he did.  He's an animal, and someone said that he cased something pretty good and had arm pump.  I didn't see the arm pump coming, but also didn't expect him to beat Roczen.  I figured he'd get second.  He looked really fast to me.

Wait till Unadilla you'll be eating those words...   ?

He'll heat up after round 7.  :devil:

• Like 1

I don't know how many times I need to say that Pourcel is a shell of himsef and won't race hard unless he's comfortable which is at any national after Hangtown and Glen Helen

Injuries or no prior injuries this is where his career would be regardless. Dude always quits or chumps out when guys are faster...

I know it's early, but I fell for the Webb hype.  I think he'll improve over the course of the season, but I thought he'd be top 5 out of the gate.

Sucks for Reed, he looked pretty good and had some bad luck with the water pump cover thing.

Canard is nearing Stewart in my mind as it relates to fantasy picks.  He's got speed, but has so many disappointing results for every good one.  He kills my score so much, and the time that I leave him out of the top 12 he'll get a podium.  :banghead:

I think most (me included) think that if Roczen can keep it on two wheels like he has the times he's won championships, he'll be hard to beat.  But his keeping it on two wheels is going to be the hard part for him over the course of a season.

I was probably the most surprised to see Tomac fade like he did.  He's an animal, and someone said that he cased something pretty good and had arm pump.  I didn't see the arm pump coming, but also didn't expect him to beat Roczen.  I figured he'd get second.  He looked really fast to me.

He'll heat up after round 7.  :devil:

Give Webb some time to get his feet wet and he'll be up there...

Jmart sure ran like Pourcell. Fast in practice then sub par in the main.

I still cant figure out how Canard even got the factory ride. He always has something wrong.

But Tomac might just be the biggest disappointment of the season again.\

Edited by o3dave

Canard hurt his shoulder in the weeks leading up to A1.  He was hurt because that damn KTM threw him to the ground. 

You mean to tell me Canard was banged up and on a new bike all while holding off CP in the LCQ? Well that's just adding insult to injury...  

• Like 3

You guys should learn to read lap times, Jmart had the fastest times but started 18. 

I get that but he just seemed to take a while to get around guys and in the heat race, McElrath was clearly a little better

I get that but he just seemed to take a while to get around guys and in the heat race, McElrath was clearly a little better

McErath is fast, always has been but has been missing proper training and confidence.  You watch him ride and his style is so nice and now I hope he has the confidence to match.

Jmart is jmart, fast with bad starts. 

• Like 1

I don't know how many times I need to say that Pourcel is a pour excuse of a man and won't race hard unless his contract is on the line which is usually around the time of Hangtown or Glen Helen

Fixed it for you ?

Edited by meyermetal
  • Like 3