HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

jparduhn514

Jumping through a section that is slightly turned

2 posts in this topic

There's a section at a local track that has you hit a jump where the landing is off to the right so as you hit the jump you are leaning to the side. When I get into the air the rear end kicks hard to the right. Whats the technique for this?

There's a section at a local track that has you hit a jump where the landing is off to the right so as you hit the jump you are leaning to the side. When I get into the air the rear end kicks hard to the right. Whats the technique for this?

I think you left out some details?  Is there ruts or grooves on the face or is the face smooth?  Is the face deteriorated at the launch point with holes?  (Most moto guys will refer to the holes as kickers.)

If there are ruts or kickers the technique will be much more advanced than if there is not holes or kickers.

Without more info. my first thought is to turn the bars full right at the launch.  Use the steering stop to help pull the bike in line in addition to using your right leg to pull the rear back in line.  Basically scrub right, just with out the scrub.

Do not try this until you completely understand the principle and have put many hours in practicing the technique on a safe jump.