Chaparral Strikes Again

Well guys, I've finally been bitten by the Chaparral screw-up bug.

First they send me an item 1 part # off from what I needed which is an honest mistake except for you'd think they would look at the nomenclature of the ordered item at the time the pick ticket is being filled. I ordered a air box mud flap and they sent me a yellow rear fender for a RM. Second thing is I order a closeout jersey (only because the PC shows a stock of 15) when I hit the send button. I get my package, no jersey (backordered), however the PC currently shows a stock of 15?????

What really pisses me off is the fact that I call them, get some jerk that makes it sound like it's my fault, and says it's up to me to spend my $ to send the RM fender back because they screwed up. Additionally, I ask about how a closeout item can be backordered (get an ok answer), then ask about why the PC shows they have stock and the guys says he doesn't have access to the computer????? That's just great except their web page lists no contact for "web realated problems" just for the idiots at the customer service # (who "don't have access to the web"). FREAKIN UNREAL.

I don't normally order too much stuff from them on-line (usually stop in the store when I'm in Cali) and no Rocky Mountain didn't have what I needed or I'd have ordered from them.

Does anyone know a name at Chaparral I can send a snail mail to about this crap?

i had a problem with rocky mountain and i sent them an e-mail accordingly "why run a mail-order buisness when you dont have anything in stock"? i had a list of twenty things and of those twenty they had a whopping five of them in stock. now this was stuff for a late-model bike not some vintage beater, so what gives?? dennis kirk is only a dollar or two higher on there stuff but thay always have it.!!!jimbo

perfect timing for this post.i just finished talking to a useless chaparral sales guy.i ordered some stuff a little over a week ago.i should of received stuff monday or tuesday.i need the stuff this weekend so i decided i better call to find out what was taking so long.they were happy to inform me that all three of my items were on backordered.what really pisses me off is when i placed my order i told the guy i needed stuff by this weekend and he said "no problem"

Yeah, I'm about done ordering anything over the PC. When I do order over the PC I always make sure the stock level is adequate. The only reason I didn't go with Rocky Mtn is because they didn't have the mud guard which is what I really needed bad, so naturally they dorked it up. I have had AWESOME luck/timing with Rocky Mtn. I used to buy from Dennis Kirk way back in the 80s but since I live out west now the added transit time and shipping cost keeps me going to the vendors in my neck of the woods.

I still would like to write to Chaparral but I need the owners name, I remember reading it way back in a MXA from a couple of years ago.

What I used to like to do was thumb though my Chapparal catalog and find all the things I needed then take it to my dealer and show him everyting I wanted. ? It wasnt because I couldnt remember what I wanted, I just did it because it pissed him off I even had a Chapparal catalog.

Yes, he hated Chapparal that much. :D And so do I.

It was just fun. :D

I have an idea that might help you with mail order problems. Once I have confirmed on the phone that they have the parts I need I have them send me the stuff 2nd day air. That way you are pretty much guarenteed your parts. Hopefully this would lock them into sending you your parts, and hopefully they wont give them to someone else. It costs a little more but it seems to work when I really need the parts.

P.S. My wife just was reading this over my sholder. She wanted me to tell ya that Chaparell sucks. She just had to get her 2 cents in.

It would be different if they acted like they cared, however they always act as if its your fault! And there is nobody to turn too! The "customer service manager" was the biggest Bi@#%ch I've ever spoke to.

NEVER AGAIN!!! :D?

Chapparel is the "Best Buy" of the motorcycle world.

Wanna really piss them off? Call your credit card company and cancel your payment to Chapparal! I did this when they sent me a Chain/sprocket combo in which the chain was about 5 links too short. Somehow this was my fault and wanted me to pay shipping back. I got the last laugh.

Bob's Cycle did something similar and wanted me to pay shipment back.

Chapparel is the "Best Buy" of the motorcycle world.

Wanna really piss them off? Call your credit card company and cancel your payment to Chapparal! I did this when they sent me a Chain/sprocket combo in which the chain was about 5 links too short. Somehow this was my fault and wanted me to pay shipping back. I got the last laugh.

Bob's Cycle did something similar and wanted me to pay shipment back.

O.K. We all know that Craparral sux right?? Why do y'all then keep going back? Are they running subliminal messages in their ads?

I'm gonna help you out (first time free of charge)

Close your eyes and think of the last time you were at the track. You had to take a leak(it was crowded-no public peeing), so you wander over to the port-o-pooper. What's the first thing you see(and smell) when you open the door?

CHAPARRAL

If you work at it, you won't be able to see that word without your stomach turning.

You're welcome ?

The only reason I went back to them was their website listed the item I needed and none of the other folks I normally buy from had it in stock.

Thanks for the dudes name, I may send him a snail mail.