HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
russmitchell

WR 426 Muffler???

6 posts in this topic

Robbing power over what? Over an uncorked stock muffler or an open YZ muffler, yes you'll notice a difference. I love my "Q", I guess it depends on your taste. A noisy bike doesn't do anyone any good on public lands. Jet it right and I think you'll love your "Q" unless you think noise=power/prestige.

Doug

I just put a Q on my bike and I'd say it has at least as much power as the stock, uncorked exhaust if not a little more.

I haven't ridden a WR with a YZ exhaust so I can't compare that one but you'd still need a SA for the woods.

I just picked up a Dr. D pipe the new D shape today I'll tell you how it works when I try it. But from past trials they work great and are about 1/2 the weight.

I've got a YZ426 silencer on my WR with a PMB spark arrestor. The thing flat hauls bananas. I did quite a bit of research about which exhaust to put on my WR before I learned that it's tough to beat the stocker YZ silencer. I found one on Ebay for $50 shipped, but then had to break down and buy the PMB spark arrestor for ~$110 making my total cost around ~$175. From what I've learned though, its tough to beat that cost even with the higher end exhaust systems.

My two cents...... :)

Robbing power over what? Stock? I don't think so. Maybe a slight bit over a full blown race exhaust but not over stock.