Modifying a YZ rear fender for the dub-r

Hey Bryan:

I got my taillight/plate bracket from Baja Designs and it mounts as you describe on the YZ Fender. Nice tight package.

I bought the kit, but they should sell just the tail light. If your interested and they give you any flak, I can order a replacement and tell them I broke mine.

If you would like to see a picture, let me know and I'll post one.

I've got the exact set up. Acerbis YZ rear fender (alittle trimming needed) and an Acerbis taillight assembly. Be careful there are two tailight assemblies, look at both, one is almost exactly like the KTM.

------------------

JJ - 99 WR; WR timed, stock jetting, Scotts stabalizer, Scotts triple clamps, Pro-Tapers, Terry Cable Hot start, MSR Raptor clutch lever, Moose skid plate, Works frame guards, Acerbis Pro Rally guards, Renthal MD-soft grips, Russel speed bleeders, Factory Effect graphics, YZ rear fender

I've got the YZ rear fender with the KTM tail light and extension. I bought a rear fender for a 400 E/XC which came with the black extension and tail light assembly. later sold the fender and got a little money back. instalation is pretty simple. the extension fits nicely within the underside of the fender. and wiring the tail light is very simple and straight forward, and the whole assembly can be attached with some wood or plastic spacers and some screws. I'm actually using some washers which have rubber bonded to them to give the assembly some flexibility. i have a picture here which shows it but it's not properly secured. if your interested i can send a better picture just let me know...i believe Owen's, yellow WR has the same setup..check out his picture as well.

good luck

Chuck

• Like 1