Bryan Bosch

Own a 2017 Beta?

88 posts in this topic

Sad, Red hoses run 10 degrees hotter than the Blue ones...... :foul:
Joking aside, I was surprised how close the hoses come to the oversized IMS tank, inmate contact.....

I'm looking for a red billet radiator cap to offset the temperature gain of red hoses, with the plus of 5 additional hp.
2 people like this

On 5/23/2017 at 1:01 PM, frdsrck said:

I switched to 13-50 gearing and while that works great in the trails, it is much too low for the street for sure.  Not that I ride much on the pavement, but I will do more in the later summer when it gets hot.  Not sure if I'll go back to stock 15-48 or try something else.  Has anyone run 15-50 or 14-48 or 14-50?  Would like to find something that is a happy medium and not be switching sprockets all the time.  Also would like to stick with my 50T rear as I bought the nice bi-metal supersprox style one. Guess I'll just get 14T front and try both that and the 15T and see.

I've tried 14/48 and 15/50. I'm currently running 15/50 as it's about the perfect compromise for most of my riding. 14/48 isn't bad at all. I decided to go with a 50T rear sprocket and run 15/50 most of the time and then when needed I'll drop the 14T on the front. I prefer to run larger diameter sprockets for both chain wear and keeping the chain away from the swingarm.

You can play around with the ratios on gearingcommander.com There is data for the 500 RR-S bikes, you have to search Betamotor, then RR, then 500 S, it will show up as a 2017. The 430/500 have the same internal gearing, the 350/390 has a lower primary ratio.

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, danketchpel said:

I've tried 14/48 and 15/50. I'm currently running 15/50 as it's about the perfect compromise for most of my riding. 14/48 isn't bad at all. I decided to go with a 50T rear sprocket and run 15/50 most of the time and then when needed I'll drop the 14T on the front. I prefer to run larger diameter sprockets for both chain wear and keeping the chain away from the swingarm.

You can play around with the ratios on gearingcommander.com There is data for the 500 RR-S bikes, you have to search Betamotor, then RR, then 500 S, it will show up as a 2017. The 430/500 have the same internal gearing, the 350/390 has a lower primary ratio.

I also switched from factory 15/48 to 14/48 and it seems to be a good compromise for adventure type.  Rain mode also helps in the woods with taming the snappy throttle response.  

Ive got a little seat time on my 300rr now and I'm really enjoying it.  I'm kinda comparing it to my woods converted 250sx, that's what I bought it to replace because I like very technical riding.  Its heavier and the clutch pull is harder I find myself using two fingers pretty early in the ride, and the power is way more mellow, but it feels more planted and doesn't need near the clutch work, it lugs super low.  As for the power delivery, I actually like it mellow, it makes it easier to find traction an that's what technical riding is about. I know I can adjust the PV but I don't feel its necessary.  I think the suspension feels pretty good, it took a few hours on the bike for it to kinda breakin and get a good feel along with some clicker settings. I took it out on a Mx track and hit some 50+ foot doubles with no problems I wouldn't push it much more than that I know its not a mx bike. So what I like about is I can ride it for a lot longer with out getting as tired, every thing seems so much easier on it, and it gives me more confidence ecspecialy on hill climbs.  I think it is the bike that I wanted my sx too be, but you can only do so much to an mx bike, plus I got electric start and don't overheat all the time.  The only complaints are the kickstand its about useless, the kill switch location, and the stock tires don't work that well in my terrain. Overall I love this bike.

3 people like this

On 6/16/2017 at 7:17 AM, Adam ES said:

Ive got a little seat time on my 300rr now and I'm really enjoying it.  I'm kinda comparing it to my woods converted 250sx, that's what I bought it to replace because I like very technical riding.  Its heavier and the clutch pull is harder I find myself using two fingers pretty early in the ride, and the power is way more mellow, but it feels more planted and doesn't need near the clutch work, it lugs super low.  As for the power delivery, I actually like it mellow, it makes it easier to find traction an that's what technical riding is about. I know I can adjust the PV but I don't feel its necessary.  I think the suspension feels pretty good, it took a few hours on the bike for it to kinda breakin and get a good feel along with some clicker settings. I took it out on a Mx track and hit some 50+ foot doubles with no problems I wouldn't push it much more than that I know its not a mx bike. So what I like about is I can ride it for a lot longer with out getting as tired, every thing seems so much easier on it, and it gives me more confidence ecspecialy on hill climbs.  I think it is the bike that I wanted my sx too be, but you can only do so much to an mx bike, plus I got electric start and don't overheat all the time.  The only complaints are the kickstand its about useless, the kill switch location, and the stock tires don't work that well in my terrain. Overall I love this bike.

Switch the horn button with the kill switch, easy to do and makes more sense.

2 people like this

Hi all,

Just got the new Beta 300rr 2017 .

How much Oil do you put in gearbox ?The manual says 850ml but when I filled up with ( about 1000ml ), oil does not come from  "Check Oil " hole.

Thanks guys.

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, makavellu said:

Hi all,

Just got the new Beta 300rr 2017 .

How much Oil do you put in gearbox ?The manual says 850ml but when I filled up with ( about 1000ml ), oil does not come from  "Check Oil " hole.

Thanks guys.

Congrats on your new steed, good choice...most folks here just ignore the weep hole... follow Beta manual... fill to 850ml.... then go ride!

Edited by MarantzManiac

Posted (edited)

So I rode my new BETA 390 RR-S up to the local supercross track yesterday thinking of possibly giving it a shot.  They have Wednesday practices.  I wasn't looking to prep for racing or anything like that, jut wanted to have fun.  I had no idea what to expect.  The supposedly softer suspension had me worried that after a lap or two, I would find out that it was a dumb idea.  Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised!  The BETA performed much better than I had expected.  Especially in the motor department.  The 390 is incredibility usable and still rips when you ask it to.  Riding just for fun and not pushing it to hard, the suspension handled all the doubles I timed correctly.  I could see where if I was on a motorcross track with some larger jumps, I wouldn't want to attempt them.  Only because if I were to overshoot, which can happen on occasion, it would be a world of pain!  I have to say I am very happy that I bought this bike.  It has done everything I have hoped to use it for better than I have expected.  There were certainly some other riders there who where surprised to be chasing a tail light.

Edited by PsYcK_1
4 people like this