HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Matt687

FMF Mega Max info

2 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, I figured I would type up a quick review of the FMF Mega Max muffler for the XR600. I have one on mine, and have recently taken out the quietcore insert (was running it with quiet core insert, and 10 disks), now it is running with only 5 disks, I have noticed a great increase in torque, I can pop the bike up for a wheelei no sweat in 2nd gear at very low rpm (not a good idea to do a lot, because it lugs the engine). The Mega Max has one of the most unique sounds out there, I have heard everything from the E-Series, the Factory 4, the T4, even the Carbon Pro series; out of all of these, the Mega Max has the most unique sound. It is not as low pitched as the others, and I have yet to try the others, but for my XR600 it works great. If you are running with a Mega Max muffler, try opening it up and taking out the quiet core insert and keeping in only five disks, it gave mine a lot more power, and throttle response. NOTE: the decibels put out may raise by about 4-6 with the quietcore out, so be warned. -Matt

I had a MegaMax on an XR400 and loved it. It held up well in 3 seasons of GNCC but it was loud as hell. I have the quiet core, discs, and end cap if anyone needs them. PM me and they are yours for the cost of shipping.