Compression sleeves to prevent tennis elbow?

I'm just getting back into mx at 42, and immediately my tennis elbow came back just like I had it 5 years ago.  I know what to do to heal it up (stretches, exercises, ice and rest), but I'm wondering if I should pick up a pair of compression sleeves like some football players wear, to help take some of the stress off of the tendons while riding.  You can get them with some protection built into the elbows and forearms.  Has anyone tried riding with these?  If so, did it worsen arm pump or cause numbness in the hands?

I use kt tape to wrap my elbow and top of forearm to support tendon as the tape has some stretch to it just dont go to tight or it causes arm pump.to be honest riding is probably the worst thing for tennis elbow mine gives me hell after each ride

You may want to look at the different types of tennis elbow supports. I have a neoprene one that has a small air pad which rests against the outside of the forearm muscle just below the elbow and tightens with a velcro strap so you can set the pressure so it doesn't restrict blood flow.

The one I have supposedly works by offering support and deflecting the tendon path slightly so it is less lightly to agitate the affected area.

There are also specific exercises to strengthen the tendon using resistance bands. Even with careful management it can take an awful long time to heal as the tendons do not have a great blood supply. Massage may also help in getting fresh blood to the area to aid the healing process.

It's a very frustrating injury which can loiter for a long time and also flare up again. I had a class 3 calf tear heal quicker than my ongoing tennis elbow.

After doing more research, I realized I have both tennis elbow and golfer's elbow in my right arm, and golfer's elbow in my left.  I'm using KT tape and total rest right now. The track is closed for the winter now.  Once the pain goes away I'm going to start training again and really work on rehab work on the tendons.  Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

After doing more research, I realized I have both tennis elbow and golfer's elbow in my right arm, and golfer's elbow in my left.  I'm using KT tape and total rest right now. The track is closed for the winter now.  Once the pain goes away I'm going to start training again and really work on rehab work on the tendons.  Thanks

I hope you're doing better buddy!

• 2 months later...
I'm just getting back into mx at 42, and immediately my tennis elbow came back just like I had it 5 years ago.  I know what to do to heal it up (stretches, exercises, ice and rest), but I'm wondering if I should pick up a pair of compression sleeves like some football players wear, to help take some of the stress off of the tendons while riding.  You can get them with some protection built into the elbows and forearms.  Has anyone tried riding with these?  If so, did it worsen arm pump or cause numbness in the hands?

661 makes a sleeve that I wear. It does however causes arm pump just a tad. I try to keep it as loose as I can go to keep from arm pump.
These sleeves really help. Anything will with Tendinitis

I think I'll have to try something like that too.  My arms still haven't healed.  I even got a steroid injection in one of them, but the pain came back...and I'm not even riding.  They're getting slightly better the last few days as I've been stretching a lot.

• Like 1