HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

dirtpaw12

Dirt bike mechanic experts and tuners

11 posts in this topic

Not sure if I'm not looking in the right place or what but does anyone have the information on the best place to ship your bike off to be modified, like the carb, and motor??? Besides Eric Gorr.

I hat to say it. But I will. It's a rather old bike, you should consider selling it and upgrading to a newer bike.

1 person likes this

I hat to say it. But I will. It's a rather old bike, you should consider selling it and upgrading to a newer bike.

I agree 100%.

Even if the bike were brand new, new-old-stock, it's still kind of turd.

Not until about 2006 did bikes really get good with suspension, throttle response, frame design, etc.

You can pick up a used YZ450 for peanuts.

1 person likes this

Depends on what your plans are for the bike and what your using it for. What do you mean by "upgrade"?

As mentioned it is antiquated as far as the the bike itself.... but $3-5000 budget it could be the best bike you've ever owned... it depends on what your trying to do.

Depends on what your plans are for the bike and what your using it for. What do you mean by "upgrade"?

As mentioned it is antiquated as far as the the bike itself.... but $3-5000 budget it could be the best bike you've ever owned... it depends on what your trying to do.

$3,000 - $5,000 gets you the good new used bike. Nobody should spend that on a oldie but goodie.

I just want to see the bike run like a top, rebuild the motor, bk mod, stuff in that nature

Four strokes are a bit expensive to rebuild. Even though it's a older bike you should see if it actually needs a rebuild. If it starts, runs fine and doesn't use oil or smoke I would just ride it.

The price you spend on old bikes can add up quick, better into a later model 06 and up aluminum frame.

Four strokes are a bit expensive to rebuild. Even though it's a older bike you should see if it actually needs a rebuild. If it starts, runs fine and doesn't use oil or smoke I would just ride it.

The price you spend on old bikes can add up quick, better into a later model 06 and up aluminum frame.

Uses oil like a diesel, have to add oil every few hours Edited by dirtpaw12