HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Carlos118

Sprocket setup

11 posts in this topic

This is probably an age old question but I'm a newbie to the forum. What setup is everyone running on their bikes?

I think mine is standard. It's an 05 450. I ride mainly English green lanes which are mostly twist's n turns.

I was looking for a bit more punch so I was going to lose a tooth on the front and add 2 on the back

Any thoughts?

13/51 dirt

14/51 dual sport

14/45 street

On my 05 I replaced my set last month.  Went 14 51 or a bit more punch.  I think 13 51 could be a lot more fun.  One tooth really made a positive difference.

14/42 street (17" sm wheels)

14/45 supermoto track days

14/50 off road

I usually buy rmatv house brand "primary drive" steel sprockets.

This is probably an age old question but I'm a newbie to the forum. What setup is everyone running on their bikes?

I think mine is standard. It's an 05 450. I ride mainly English green lanes which are mostly twist's n turns.

I was looking for a bit more punch so I was going to lose a tooth on the front and add 2 on the back

Any thoughts?

Standard for the UK bikes is 13t front and 50t rear. What was on the bike?

Many UK riders use 14t/50t for green laning for easier road cruising between lanes.

It's got a 15 on the front at the mo. Goes 100mph.....on a private road [emoji12]

Don't need that so thought I'd trade it in for some punch lol

It's got a 15 on the front at the mo. Goes 100mph.....on a private road [emoji12]

Don't need that so thought I'd trade it in for some punch lol

Yeah that thing was geared for speed!

Going to a 14 or 13 will give you quite an improvement.