What rad supports for yz450fx?

Having hard time searching for rad braces for yz450fx. Already busted my right radiator then started leaking on my second ride just ordered a new one for 155 bucks smh! I see the gytr ones but seem to be able to only get them from dealer a any suggestions would be helpful! Thanks

Also one of the rows or find whatever they're called have a small pin hole leak can a guy some how squeeze that fin off to stop it leaking to get by till my new rad is herr

Enduro Enginnering

I have unabikers on mine and I am really happy with them. Taken some abuse and they haven't bent at all

Went with enduro engineering Rocky Mountain had em in stock and I had rm cash so win win I guess, wish I would of asked right away would of saved me 160 bucks for one new right side radiator!

Bulletproof Designs. Super easy install, best protection.

FB_IMG_1475103550811.jpg

Bulletproof Designs. Super easy install, best protection.

Will those guards help protect the radiator in a fall?

Will those guards help protect the radiator in a fall?

Yes. Huge amounts of side impact protection, as well as front.

I personally had a head on with a quad using these guards, and it folded the left side rad back far enough to bend one mount bolt and break the other. It smashed the lower outlet tube against the cylinder...literally no other damage to the radiator. $35 to fix the tube, and i had that radiator on the bike when it was 9 years old and i sold it.

I have the GYTR cages but I think I'm going to upgrade to Bulletproof's guards before I put the wheels back on the bike next spring.

Keep in mind, there are braces and there are cages... 2 completely different setups. This is important when ordering radiator guards. The braces are mainly used to protect fwd-aft damage, or bending them back. They provide a small amount of side impact protection, but I've seen many radiators squashed with them on. The cages basically put the rad in a cage and supply most protection against side impact, or squashing them. There are a few sets out there that provide both types of protection.

I decided on the unibiker for my rig. For a few reasons... 1) they are braces and cages in one package. 2) they provide puncture protection. 3) the WR250F set can be used with the factory fan kit installed.

IMG_1475715680.415404.jpg

Keep in mind, there are braces and there are cages... 2 completely different setups. This is important when ordering radiator guards. The braces are mainly used to protect fwd-aft damage, or bending them back. They provide a small amount of side impact protection, but I've seen many radiators squashed with them on. The cages basically put the rad in a cage and supply most protection against side impact, or squashing them. There are a few sets out there that provide both types of protection.

I decided on the unibiker for my rig. For a few reasons... 1) they are braces and cages in one package. 2) they provide puncture protection. 3) the WR250F set can be used with the factory fan kit installed.

attachicon.gifIMG_1475715680.415404.jpg

I'm not a fan of how far the front "grille" is in front of the rad... seems like it's begging to get filled up with leaves and twigs and other trail junk.

FWIW for the good of the order here, I bought the GYTR rad cages for my FX.  I took a low speed tip over in some rocks and bent not only the radiator, but the cage as well.  Not overly impressed with the GYTR units personally, I wish I had gone with Bulletproof's guards.

Got the EE braces on lot of manipulating and widening of the front shrouds. They seem really stout! After hacking crap for the bark busters and making the EE guards fit makes me a little sick hacking away on a brand new bike lol always did it to used ones didn't seem so bad then.

I installed the Unibiker on my 450fx (Ordered the 250fx braces like the site suggested if you want to use the optional fan kit).  The instructions talked about cutting the plastic radiator shrouds a bit for a better fit that would allow you to eliminate the need for the included spacers.  I cut the bottom of the shrouds and some of the ribbing (pretty easy to do) and it looks good, but I still used the spacers.  Tolerances seem a little tight, and my concern is that down the road it might be a pain to line everything up once they get banged up a bit.  I'm pretty happy with the product.  My only real complaint is the Allen wrench bolts and lock nuts that connect the radiator shroud to the radiator is a little more time consuming.  The standard bolt into the OEM slotted plastic grill is much easier to deal with.

On a side note, I had bought a GYTR brace for my WR and was pretty disappointed with that.  Fit great, but was fairly flimsy.

Gytr braces here with the stock front plastic guards on a 250fx. Super easy install and they have held up great. They have taken a lot of hits and have no bends. I ran two flat m8 washers on the inside of the middle shroud bolt to put less stress on the shroud with the cages taking up space. No cutting, and maybe widened the bike a few mm on each side. No biggie. Ignore the 4 washers in the pic, only ended up running 2, but you get the idea.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1478098267.721615.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1478098286.330154.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1478098303.071874.jpg

Is the GYTR supports the only supports that work with the rad fan?

I went with enduro engineering ones and they work with fan

Is the GYTR supports the only supports that work with the rad fan?

I installed the Unibiker braces on my 450fx.  I ordered the 250fx braces like the site suggested if I want to use the optional fan kit. 

Gytr braces here with the stock front plastic guards on a 250fx. Super easy install and they have held up great. They have taken a lot of hits and have no bends. I ran two flat m8 washers on the inside of the middle shroud bolt to put less stress on the shroud with the cages taking up space. No cutting, and maybe widened the bike a few mm on each side. No biggie. Ignore the 4 washers in the pic, only ended up running 2, but you get the idea.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1478098267.721615.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1478098286.330154.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1478098303.071874.jpg

I may just have the worst luck in the world, but I bent both the GYTR cage and my radiator in a low speed tip-over.  I haven't been real impressed by the GYTR cages.

I may just have the worst luck in the world, but I bent both the GYTR cage and my radiator in a low speed tip-over.  I haven't been real impressed by the GYTR cages.

I may have jinxed myself since posting this as it can happen if it hits perfectly in the middle / side of the radiator since there is no cross bar there :banghead: .  I had a get off a few days ago where it landed on a exposed root in that exact spot.  It did bend the rad and cage a bit in on the side.  I took the cage side off when i got home straightened it in a vice and bolted it back up.. everything still lines up and i was able to get the shroud back on easily.  I think any cage would of done that doesn't have a middle cross bar.  

I may have jinxed myself since posting this as it can happen if it hits perfectly in the middle / side of the radiator since there is no cross bar there :banghead: .  I had a get off a few days ago where it landed on a exposed root in that exact spot.  It did bend the rad and cage a bit in on the side.  I took the cage side off when i got home straightened it in a vice and bolted it back up.. everything still lines up and i was able to get the shroud back on easily.  I think any cage would of done that doesn't have a middle cross bar.  

Mine took a hit right below the shroud on the right hand side, tweaked it just enough that the fan won't bolt up now.