Newer DID chain,, now link each side of master are very stiff.

About 600 miles on new chain and noticed each side of master link is stiff. Not the pivot at the master, but next pins. I see a larger gap on the pins.... is this thing trying to come apart ? It's not a corrosion thing......

Anyone see this before ?

DID makes a wide range of chains.....from OEM chains that last 10 hours to the VT-2 industrial strength X ring chain.

Too many factors to make a blanket statement about chains.

If you did not change your worn front and rear sprockets when you changed your chain, you chain will wear out quickly. Very quickly.

All were new together. I'm assuming this chain is toast. Just don't know why. I don't tighten it stiff, always some play.

Sprockets are like new,, 600 miles on the set. I could grind out 1 link and put my wheel all the way forward,, but other side of link is same.

All were new together. I'm assuming this chain is toast. Just don't know why. I don't tighten it stiff, always some play.

So you must have purchased the DZ version. 

It's junk.

DID 520 ERT Gold Chain 120 Links

That's a decent chain.

Not sure what to say, other than you have an alignment problem, or you are not oiling the chain enough.

Krannie, it was a DZ after all,, noticed when I removed the chain.

Krannie, it was a DZ after all,, noticed when I removed the chain.

Yeah, sorry to say that the DZ chain is the 'throw away' chain supplied on some new bikes.

I would try a VT-2 if you can afford it.  I get hundreds and hundreds of hours for trail riding and at least 50 for desert for racing.

It is an X-ring chain, it is heavier, and it does change the rev speed a tiny amount.

Make sure it does not rub the case, and add a 1mm washer if it does. I'm not sure which bike you have....but on 2006+ it does not rub with the stock CS sprocket.

I got the RK X chain, high tensile strength.