HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

SLOSupermoto

2016 / 2017 WR450F GYTR ECU

10 posts in this topic

Looking for a 2016 / 2017 WR450F GYTR ECU... Can't find one in stock online and am wondering if any fellow TT'rs have a lead on someone who may have one in stock.

ECU - I have a '17 and been waiting to get ECU from dealer for 6 weeks. Told yesterday they are back ordered until October 27th (been told several times it is coming but never showed up). I found one on Bike Bandit and ordered. I also saw one on Amazon. Google "Yamaha GYTR Competition Kit 2GC-E9500-V0-00". Hope this helps.

As it turns out Bike Bandit had to order from Yamaha , which has these backordered. I cancelled that order and ordered off Amazon this a.m. Amazon said they have 3 in stock. Just got email that it shippped from Amazon. For those looking for ECU use Google search "Amazon 2GC-E9500-V0-00" - this is the search I used. The number is the part number for 2016-2017 WR ECU. Hope this helps those still looking.

1 person likes this

None of the links or other suggestions above actually had one in stock, at least none I tried.

Evidently the Amazon stock got snapped up.  Lots of 2gb-e9500.... for the 250s., none of the 2gc-e9500...s

I did finally find one.

Surdyke Yamaha in Missouri has 5 in stock - Wesley there is very helpful.

Hope this helps.

gbw

Edited by gbw

Amazon sent me the wrong part - ECU for 2015 WR250 not one for 2017 WR450 - they had wrong part number on website. UGH!!!! Called Surdyke on advice of gbw and thay had a couple in stock. So I'll try to get this again.

I received the ECU kit and Power Tuner Surdyke today.  Very fast service and good prices.  The ECU and tuner are the correct models for the WR450F.

I don't know if they have any left by now or not but if your'e still looking give them a try.  

i'm new to the wr world.  I have been thinking about a programmer.  do you have to change out the ecu if you get the programmer to upgrade performance?  my old bike is an xr 600 so I didn't have all this new electronic stuff to worry about.

i'm new to the wr world.  I have been thinking about a programmer.  do you have to change out the ecu if you get the programmer to upgrade performance?  my old bike is an xr 600 so I didn't have all this new electronic stuff to worry about.

If the bike is from the US then yes you do. The bikes from down under come with a compition ECU.