6.6 gallon WR 450 tank on 2007 yz 450?

I have found that the stock tank on my 2007 yz450f is a bit small for the longer rides I like to do and so I am wondering if anyone can tell me if the 6.6 gallon acerbis tank for the wr will fit my yz. I know it's a big tank, but it takes a big tank to go the distance. Thanks in advance and forgive me if this question has been answered elsewhere! I have tried to find it other places.

If the tank came from an '07-'11 WR450, and you also buy a seat from that same year WR, you can make it work.  Consider an IMS 3.3 gallon tank as an option, as they are the best fit/function for the Gen2 YZ450F.

Is there any tank bigger than 3.3? Is IMS better than acerbis?

6.6 gallons, that seems way bigger than anyone would need and adds an additional almost 30 lbs over stock and high up on the bike. 

Large tanks are a sign of an amateur rider because any skilled rider would know how screwed up a bike gets with that much up high weight. Plan your rides, 3 gallons are enough for avg rider.

I am a amateur, but I do rides with people on atv' s and sxs' s that like to do 4-6 hour rides. With the stock 1.85 gallon tank I can go about 2 hours. Refueling gets old.

Does anyone know about what brand is better for a 3.3ish gallon tank? I've heard really good things about the acerbis tanks.

Large tanks are a sign of an amateur rider because any skilled rider would know how screwed up a bike gets with that much up high weight. Plan your rides, 3 gallons are enough for avg rider.

What a assanine comment.

I totally get the need for a bigger tank, I actually am planning on getting a 3.3 for my YZ but 6.6 just seems like a huge amount to lug around but then again you don't need to always fill it up all the way. I cant imagine riding 170 miles without a break to fill up but I guess everyone is different. 

Does anyone know about what brand is better for a 3.3ish gallon tank? I've heard really good things about the acerbis tanks.

In my opinion IMS or Acerbis would both be good options.