Mapping questions 2016 yz450f

I used the linear torque, hard pack map from gytr for stock exhaust. Felt great, bottom was super smooth but still powerful. Seems as if it had more midrange and top end as the rpm's climbed. I'm a throttle roll on type guy and felt this is a good map to start with... felt the loamy, hard hitter just dug holes instead of moving forward. So to those that know, does retarding the ignition and adding fuel pick up more top end or am I feeling something else? I ride sand, so momentum is a friend, and too much snap just gets you spinning versus going fast...but I never hear people using the linear map?

I used the linear torque, hard pack map from gytr for stock exhaust. Felt great, bottom was super smooth but still powerful. Seems as if it had more midrange and top end as the rpm's climbed. I'm a throttle roll on type guy and felt this is a good map to start with... felt the loamy, hard hitter just dug holes instead of moving forward. So to those that know, does retarding the ignition and adding fuel pick up more top end or am I feeling something else? I ride sand, so momentum is a friend, and too much snap just gets you spinning versus going fast...but I never hear people using the linear map?

I tried that map to my Mew 16 450 yesterday at the race like on the second moto of 1 of my two classes I race. Track was plowed dirt that has dried out somewhat that had ruts with some sweeping turns that had loose dry dirt and was kinda slick from the fine dirt.

Sections of track like the straights were rough and choppy with ruts. The power to me was smooth but I thought lacked the hit.......pulled good though and was predictable but to me thought it was a tad to lazy.

The Hard hit loamy map was good but thought it felt a bit to jumpy and hard to get good throttle control since I use a quick turn throttle from G2 Erogonomics.

The stock Map is the one I have been using the most and seems to be the one I keep going back to when track conditions are the as usual.

Maybe muddy and slippery days I will ise the other maps.

• Like 1