HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

motocrotts

450 FX LIGHTING KIT

8 posts in this topic

I love my 450 FX, it has a great motor and fantastic suspension.  All it's needing is a slightly larger gas tank and lighting capabilities to be a great dual sport bike too.  As far as lighting kits go I didn't want to connect directly to the battery or have to purchase a WR wiring harness.  Welcome "XC Lighting" and TT member Nick450X.  Nick has manufactured a complete wiring harness complete with LED tail light, front and rear brake lights, horn and speedo.  His harness is super trick and his instructions are complete and accurate.  Total installation time was about 1 hour.  I can't show you where Nicks connections are as that is proprietary but nothing is connected to the battery. It is obvious that Nick has spent a great deal of time making this harness as all plugs are correct and it is truly a plug and play.  All you need to purchase seperately is the WR headlight and everything simply plugs in.  The speedo looks like a KTM unit and works flawlessly, it's sensor is located on the rear wheel.  If you're a top fuel dragster and spin a lot it's accuracy may be altered but for most of its it will be close enough.  Nick explained to me they put the speedo pickup on the rear simply for more protection from getting torn off.  It doesn't have a hr meter in the ODO that I could find but that's ok as the ECU has one.  All is controlled by a super sano switch that I mounted on the left side of the bars.  I didn't use the front brake stop sensor or horn that is included in the kit as I live in AZ and street legal laws are very lax here, however everything is included in the kit.  For up to date pricing contact Nick450X on TT here.  Fantastic guy and fantastic product.  

www.proracing.co.uk. His phone number from the U.S. is 011 44 1788 510300.

Let me know if anyone needs more pictures.

P.S.

The kit also works on the 250FX

IMG_0859.JPG

IMG_0858.JPG

IMG_0857.JPG

IMG_0856.JPG

IMG_0855.JPG

IMG_0852.JPG

IMG_0850.JPG

IMG_0861.JPG

Edited by motocrotts
1 person likes this

It sounds like a cool kit but honestly I don't really get the point.

First off I have the trail tech voyager for all my speed and gauge related stuff.

And beyond that what is wrong with mounting a switch on the bars like you did for the lights, and install a relay to the ignition relay that connects the lights to the battery when the ignition is on? It would hold the lights on until the relay cuts off after a minute preventing you from draining the battery down and if you didn't want any lights you can turn them off. Brake lights are a piece of cake with hydro switches on both brakes

The point is the kit is complete and already does exactly what you described without the risks of shorts or finding the correct electronics. It also does not connect to the battery. The main plus is it looks factory and performs as such.

Edited by motocrotts

The point is the kit is complete and already does exactly what you described without the risks of shorts or finding the correct electronics. It also does not connect to the battery. The main plus is it looks factory and performs as such.

I didn't see a price on the website. How much? Thanks

I didn't see a price on the website. How much? Thanks

Contact nickatproracing@aol.com for pricing.