2016 bottom end/midrange map

I was wondering if there is a way to map the 2016 yz450f to have a bit more grunt down low, a bit more excitement in the middle? The top end is very powerful but I'm not a revver, I want to hold third without dabbing the clutch in mx and have a bit more torque in the woods....not wanting to change the stock gear ratio either. Any ideas?

Add timing in the ranges you want more zip in.  Maybe a bit of fuel as well... maybe not.  Experiment.

I have a built 16' WR450. The advanced timing gives it more instant power as advancing the timing generally does. It appears less fuel can make it tinny feeling or with more fuel it feels like it has more torque.

Thanks guys, I may just need to mess with it a bit. Just don't want to hurt it messing with timing

Thanks guys, I may just need to mess with it a bit. Just don't want to hurt it messing with timing

You can't unless maybe you put in all + 4's on the timing and maybe -2 and more minus numbers on the fuel side. I would think as mentioned if you go much into the + ignition and some + on the fuel it should be good. It's all trail and if you like it keep it. It's so easy to change.

Edited by stevethe

I decided to try mxa's map. They said it should be smoother all the way through the powerband. It's all just a bump in the ignition and almost no fuel added

50 rear sprocket!

I used the linear torque map that gytr has, made the bike easier to be on the gas in the corners and really makes the bike easier to ride for long time. Love it.