Need advice on cam chain - gears see pictures attached

Does this chain look right on the intake sprocket?

Photo here

image.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

I reviewed other photos online and it looks like it might be common for the intake side of the chain the ride up in the sprocket and not down in it like the exhaust side..... What do you think?

Looks normal to me.

If it's old, replace it for peace of mind.

Edited by YZEtc

I reviewed other photos online and it looks like it might be common for the intake side of the chain the ride up in the sprocket and not down in it like the exhaust side..... What do you think?

I think that looks like a disaster waiting to happen!

Is that a new chain?

Edited by Thumbster21

Normal.

GrayRacer..... Thank you. I was about to sent you a note and you beat me to it. Let me know if you are very in the Houston area with out a bike.... I have a nice yz you can ride!

One more question. Why does chain sit up so high on the intake side and not on the exhaust side?

I'm afraid I have no idea why, if it actually does.  Some of it is an illusion caused by the presence of the raises lip inside the chain line on the exhaust side, though. 

The big thing to worry about with a cam chain here is that it must freely pivot at every pin.  If you aren't going to remove it from the cams to check, roll the engine onto compression several times, retract the tensioner, and check for tight ones.  Verify the timing before you restart it.