HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Parker856

Just purchased a 99 YZ400, Realizing that my OEM carb is not letting my bike idling and preparing to do the carb conversion

2 posts in this topic

So i looked at just about every post i could find on here about the conversion, and i know they are pretty much plug and go besides stretching the boot a little. If i remember correctly the 02-09 will work, but the 05+ are slightly better.. it is very slim pickings right now from what i can find of the YZ450f carbs, none of them have any of the cables included and are $200+.. i just replaced the intake and exhaust cam with the HotCams for the auto decompression so i have that lever for the hot start, just need the cables and carb...my buddy said the honda carbs are exactly the same(thats what his dealer said) and i just wanted to know if i could include Honda carbs in my search.. thanks!!

sat for a winter, got it for $600.

had a local shop go through it and rebuilt the carb and cleaned it ultrasonically and just no good. After lengthy troubleshooting, cleaning the carbs again, checking valves again, they threw a carb they had on it and it fires right up and runs great.

(have a post in the classifieds) 

THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO GRAYRACER513, havent met you yet but i already respect you for the time you put in to help strangers!

Well, your buddy is wrong.  The carb on a CRF450R is a 41mm bore, while the YZ450 is 39mm.  The Honda carb might work, or you might spend a lot of time re-working the jetting.