HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Yz450f madness

Help with my 2009 yz450f

3 posts in this topic

I just purchased a 2009 yz450f. While riding home I ran out of gas and a friend gave me some gas to make it home. Now the bike doesn't wanna idle and has a miss while riding. I love the power of my bike but am stumped to why it will not idle and run without a small miss. I did notice that the rubber boot from cylinder to carb looks like it has a couple cracks. Can you guys tell me what all could cause this so I can start trouble shooting one thing at a time. I love this bike and the power but I've not owned one since I was 13 and I'm 40 now.

Spray your carb boot/joint that you feel could have a crack with some carb cleaner or wd-40 if the idle rpm changes you have an air leak and the boot should be replaced.

As far as running it out of gas an running poorly after, did you get a bad supply of fuel I typically run 93 in these modern 4 strokes.

Another possibility is you happend to get a piece of gunk from the bottom of the tank in the pilot jet passage in the carb, these tanks do have a screen in them but I've still seen things make there way into the carb.