HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fsrmatt

650L oil change

5 posts in this topic

Can anyone tell me where the oil screens are on the 650L? I believe there is one hidden behind the clutch side, side case and that there may be another. This bike is new to me and I have no manual. Thank you.

At the bottom of the frame down tube, just below the forward facing down tube drain bolt. :)

There is a screen made onto the fitting at the bottom of the frame downtube where the oil line attatches. There is also a flat screen in the bottom of the engine case. You can get to it by removing the right side cover (which is where the clutch basket is located). I bought my bike used with 12,500 miles on it and the screens were as clean as if the bike was new. Good luck with yours. :)

Yes. I left that part off because I thought it might've been obvious. But I do have the Honda Service Manual, too. :)

Here's the drill: Oil line off first, then unscrew & remove the "oil strainer nut." Take off the rubber O-ring, clean the strainer with solvent (or gas) being careful not to damage the fine gauge wire screen, air dry, clean the down tube threads & reinstall. :D