.69 Quarts = 2016

I was suspect of the owners manual so I measured the oil that came out of my 2016 WR450F and it measured .90 LIT.  Now granted I drained as much out as I could...took about 20-min or so to stop dripping.  PErhaps they don't believe most owners will wait that long to drain it.

• Like 1

I was suspect of the owners manual so I measured the oil that came out of my 2016 WR450F and it measured .90 LIT.  Now granted I drained as much out as I could...took about 20-min or so to stop dripping.  PErhaps they don't believe most owners will wait that long to drain it.

...I know that I don't ...

Wow. I wonder if it went something like this.

Yamaha guy 1: We need to lose 1/2 lbs off this bike.

Yamaha guy 2:Why don't we just put less oil in it?

Yamaha guy 1:Your a god damn genius!

Seriously...

How much extra weight if they made the capacity 1.5L (oil and slightly bigger cases)? Maybe 3 or 4lbs? That would make exactly zero difference to 95% of riders, yet would allow for longer trips.

So how exactly how much is everyone pouring in? I've been going by the book at .7L (.69 is spec) and I change it often since i'm also riding street.

Its always over the sight glass after checking the level by the book, and no oil comes out of the check bolt hole so I figure its right on the money, right?

So how exactly how much is everyone pouring in? I've been going by the book at .7L (.69 is spec) and I change it often since i'm also riding street.

Its always over the sight glass after checking the level by the book, and no oil comes out of the check bolt hole so I figure its right on the money, right?

Dude! You're .01 quarts over. Watch out!

• Like 1