HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Krannie McKranface

.69 Quarts = 2016

15 posts in this topic

That's borderline ridiculous. I know performance is important, but for your average trail rider, reliability and long engine life are essential. 

Wow. I wonder if it went something like this.

Yamaha guy 1: We need to lose 1/2 lbs off this bike.

Yamaha guy 2:Why don't we just put less oil in it?

Yamaha guy 1:Your a god damn genius!

4 people like this

I was suspect of the owners manual so I measured the oil that came out of my 2016 WR450F and it measured .90 LIT.  Now granted I drained as much out as I could...took about 20-min or so to stop dripping.  PErhaps they don't believe most owners will wait that long to drain it.

1 person likes this

I was suspect of the owners manual so I measured the oil that came out of my 2016 WR450F and it measured .90 LIT.  Now granted I drained as much out as I could...took about 20-min or so to stop dripping.  PErhaps they don't believe most owners will wait that long to drain it.

...I know that I don't ...

Wow. I wonder if it went something like this.

Yamaha guy 1: We need to lose 1/2 lbs off this bike.

Yamaha guy 2:Why don't we just put less oil in it?

Yamaha guy 1:Your a god damn genius!

Seriously...

How much extra weight if they made the capacity 1.5L (oil and slightly bigger cases)? Maybe 3 or 4lbs? That would make exactly zero difference to 95% of riders, yet would allow for longer trips.

Seriously...

How much extra weight if they made the capacity 1.5L (oil and slightly bigger cases)? Maybe 3 or 4lbs? That would make exactly zero difference to 95% of riders, yet would allow for longer trips.

You are jumping to conclusions

No one here has any idea what their priorities were, there budget constraints, cross platforming limitations, etc.

Get over it.

For a race bike, OK, I see their point but on a trail bike? No way. Seems the 16 WR450F is the same for oil quantity?

Hum 07-11 WR450 three to four rides and dump the oil. 16' WR450 three to four rides and dump the oil. I'm over it and used to doing the same thing.

1 person likes this

So how exactly how much is everyone pouring in? I've been going by the book at .7L (.69 is spec) and I change it often since i'm also riding street.

Its always over the sight glass after checking the level by the book, and no oil comes out of the check bolt hole so I figure its right on the money, right?

So how exactly how much is everyone pouring in? I've been going by the book at .7L (.69 is spec) and I change it often since i'm also riding street.

Its always over the sight glass after checking the level by the book, and no oil comes out of the check bolt hole so I figure its right on the money, right?

Dude! You're .01 quarts over. Watch out!

1 person likes this