HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

JPTricks

2016 WR450f Dyno

10 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. I just picked up a 16 wr450. Thought it would be interesting to weigh and dyno the bike before I did any changes.

On the scales with a full tank came in at 268lbs.

I did 3 Initial runs bone stock,then 2 with the throttle stop out,2 more with the pea shooter and sparky out of the stock muffler. All of these runs were done in 4th gear. I did one more in fifth. Please note I didn't use the RPM pick up for simplicity and runs were done on stock tire.

Once I get the competition ECU I will run again. I have a titanium full system coming as well.I will reweigh and dyno and tune with air/fuel and rpm. 

Dyno sheet.jpg

2 people like this

Pretty low numbers. You likely need a good street tire to get any numbers due to slippage. However you might be able to check from one mod to the other just for comparison.

I know a street tire would be more accurate but was just looking for some "ish" numbers. Once I get the ecu and full exhaust dyno numbers and weight I will swap out rear sneaker and re-dyno to see what the split is.

FYI. I'm not sure if this is common knowledge but the rear light is prewired as a brake light.just add pin at under seat connection.

1 person likes this

FYI. I'm not sure if this is common knowledge but the rear light is prewired as a brake light.just add pin at under seat connection.

Really??  I haven't event taken the seat off yet..is it pretty easy to do?  What type of pin?

Not sure of the pin"type" but there is 3 wires on the taillight side of the connector and 2 on the chassis side. The missing wire is the brighter brake light. When I do my lighting I'll get some pics. I'm waiting for the turn signals and the rear brake switch to get here in the mail. I am using 2015 FZ-07 bar switches.     

Edited by JPTricks

07 up WR's are all the same. The extra wire is for the brake light as these bikes are street bikes in other countries.

07 up WR's are all the same. The extra wire is for the brake light as these bikes are street bikes in other countries.

good to know