Motor locked up

Okay. My bikes at my buddies house and I'll be back there tomorrow. Thanks I'll give that a try

I can turn it alittle big more with what you said to do greyracer513 but still locks up

I'm just an idiot. I didn't have the chain guide all the way in place causing that that that rotates down by the flywheel to hit it. Spins good once I fixed that issue

Okay back to the drawing board.. After putting it back together, put probably 20-25 hours on it. Not one issue, 1st or 2nd kick it was starting. Went to go for a ride yesterday and it was locked up again kicker wouldn't budge. I haven't checked timing yet since last time this happened timing was still dead nuts on. I pull the right side of the case of to check if any of those gears or spring was busted but everything looked brand new and nothing lodged in it. I thought the circlip I found was the problem but obviously not.. Anyone have any ideas..? Any help is appreciated as I'm getting real fed up with dirtbikes.. This thing is head for the dumpster pretty dang quick.

Okay back to the drawing board.. After putting it back together, put probably 20-25 hours on it. Not one issue, 1st or 2nd kick it was starting. Went to go for a ride yesterday and it was locked up again kicker wouldn't budge. I haven't checked timing yet since last time this happened timing was still dead nuts on. I pull the right side of the case of to check if any of those gears or spring was busted but everything looked brand new and nothing lodged in it. I thought the circlip I found was the problem but obviously not.. Anyone have any ideas..? Any help is appreciated as I'm getting real fed up with dirtbikes.. This thing is head for the dumpster pretty dang quick.

My friends 98 yz 125s kick start gear was somehow connecting with the clutch basket gear and would be locking up the bike. Have you checked the kicker mechanism yet? Have you split the cases yet or just been digging around in the top end?

Well, since I don't see where you replaced the chain, I'd check the timing again.  Another possibility is a worn rod bearing in the crank assembly.

My friends 98 yz 125s kick start gear was somehow connecting with the clutch basket gear and would be locking up the bike. Have you checked the kicker mechanism yet? Have you split the cases yet or just been digging around in the top end?

Ive dug around in the top end. I took that right side case off thats right behind the clutch and visually inspected the gears and did not find anything broke. 

Well, since I don't see where you replaced the chain, I'd check the timing again.  Another possibility is a worn rod bearing in the crank assembly.

Okay I will check the timing on it again. How can I verify a worn rod bearing? If the rod has any slop in it? And without pull the cylinder off again, is their really any other way to check?

From the manual (measurement F):

rod.png

Thanks for the help guys. Decided I'm not dealing with this anymore this summer. Someone should buy this bike from me lol

Thanks for the help guys. Decided I'm not dealing with this anymore this summer. Someone should buy this bike from me lol

How may dollar bills will it take to buy?

No selling/trading in the forums, guys.  You know the rules.

Use a PM.

No selling/trading in the forums, guys.  You know the rules.

Use a PM.

Sorry have not been on here long. Did not know that was a rule. 

IMAG0091.jpg cam chain tensioner is still in. You can see how it doesn't sit properly in the gears, and where the chain feeds down in the case, is super tight. What my problem??

That might be the worst stretched cam chain I've ever looked at.  Replace the chain.

That might be the worst stretched cam chain I've ever looked at.  Replace the chain.

Sorry for such a late reply. I dont get on here much.. But I did. I ordered a new chain and tensioner since both are fairly cheap. I am hoping I do not have any bent valves. Hoping to get to fixing it one of these days!