HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

dirznut

Is cush drive necessary for supermoto? 2012 WR450F

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I currently have the choice between a 4.25" rear with cush drive or a 5" rear without cush drive. I'd prefer the 5" so I can run a 160 but the bike is going to be ridden on the street just as much as on the track. Is the cush drive necessary on this bike? I've yet to hear about modern WR's having transmission issues but would like some more info on it.

Thanks!

Never had an issue with mine so far. I have 5inch rear, the pp3 fits Ez but the q3 does not for some reason. Cush drive I've heard about but I've never used one myself

The Cush drive would be easier on it however I've got many many miles on a 08' without issues. The 07 up don't seem to have any issues.

The only issue you may run into is a 160 on a 5" rim may possibly rub or get chain rub on the tire. I have shaved down 160's but now just run a 150 on the rear.

Thanks guys, this was the input I was looking for.

You already have a 'cush clutch'....

I've heard of that but have never seen it in person. It's essentially a rubber or spring dampened mechanism on the back of the clutch basket, right?

Thanks guys, this was the input I was looking for.

I've heard of that but have never seen it in person. It's essentially a rubber or spring dampened mechanism on the back of the clutch basket, right?

On the oem basket, there is a plate on the back that is riveted on.

152061022941_1.jpg

You can see on this aftermarket clutch, the bumpers...

clutch_basket1.jpg

Edited by KRANNIE